Accounts Payable Clerk (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Accounts Payable team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the finance function of the business.
As a level 2 Accounts Payable Clerk you will be hardworking, adaptable, diligent, proactive, organised and focused with good communication skills both verbal and written. You will be able to work to deadlines whilst being keen to ensure all work is completed to a high standard. Willing to work in a team but also able to work on your initiative and look at the bigger picture, asking questions to ensure the job is done properly.
The primary tasks of the role are to process incoming Cost of Sales invoices, ensuring that they are correct, in alignment with the contract and paid to term.
This role will be offered as a 6 month fixed term contract.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Process invoices/credit notes timely and accurately
- Raise debit notes as required
- Chase outstanding invoices logged out to signatories for approval
- Liaise with suppliers to deal with accounts queries
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Create new suppler accounts and maintain supplier details
- To ensure all company policies & procedures are followed & upheld at every level
- Build relationships with Suppliers, working with them to resolve queries
- Update and maintain any supporting spreadsheets
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Can competently handle different systems
- Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives
- Personal flexibility, a hands on approach and people skills must come naturally
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Unit 4 Dream preferred
- Prior exposure to an accounting environment preferred
Education and Qualifications:
- Good GCSE grades, Maths and English essential
- Passed or studying for AAT an advantage (or equivalent)
- Organised & Methodical
- Personal flexibility
- An eye for detail
- Be able to work to deadline
- Ability to spot issues and find out the answers
- Flexible approach to work
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.