Accounts Payable Clerk (Level 3) FTC
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Accounts Payable team and will support our Cruises business. Our Cruises business is going through an exciting time, having recently had the arrival of a new ship and awaiting the arrival another new ship next year.
As a level 3 accounts payable clerk you will be hardworking, adaptable, diligent, proactive, organised and focused with good communication skills both verbal and written. You will be able to work to deadlines whilst being keen to ensure all work is completed to a high standard. Willing to work in a team but also able to work on your initiative and look at the bigger picture, asking questions to ensure the job is done properly.
The primary tasks of the role are to process incoming invoices that relate to the travel department of the business ensuring that they are correct and paid within the agreed payment terms / contractual terms, collate & check payment runs and team support in the absence of the supervisor.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
The primary tasks of the role may include but are not limited to:
- Process invoices/credit notes timely and accurately
- Chase outstanding invoices logged out to signatories
- Liaise with suppliers to deal with accounts queries
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Resolve disputes with budget holders
- Create and check new suppler accounts
- To supervise staff within the accounts payable function in the absence of the AP Supervisor
- To ensure all company policies & procedures are followed & upheld at every level
- To set performance standards for all staff & to help them in achieving their goals
- Processing/checking staff expense claims
- To assist colleagues with problem solving to maintain the smooth running of the section
- Assist with the preparation & submission of weekly payment runs
- To produce weekly productivity/MI reports
- Build relationships with & manage expectations of Suppliers
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Can competently handle different systems
- Operational understanding of the Division would be preferred
- Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives
- Personal flexibility, a hands on approach and people skills must come naturally
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Unit 4 Dream preferred
- Prior Accounts Payable experience preferred
Education and Qualifications:
- Good GCSE grades, Maths and English essential
- Passed or studying for AAT an advantage (or equivalent)
- Organised & methodical
- An eye for detail
- Be able to work to deadline
- Ability to spot issues and find out the answers
- Flexible approach to work
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Looking for the next step in their career path
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eyetests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.