Accounts Payable Supervisor
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Accounts Payable function of the business.
In this role, you will ensure the accounts payable function supports the operational needs of the business and operates in line with company policy and the Saga Way ethos.
Responsible for the accounts payable function associated with the payment of company overhead costs and staff expenses, you will provide support, motivate and direct the team. You will work closely with the other Finance teams to ensure robust financial controls are in place, and followed to manage risk and ensure procedures are in line with company policy.
To be successful in this role, you will be a champion of change within the function and proactively challenge current process to ensure procedures are streamlined, efficient and robust. You will also liaise with business colleagues across several divisions within the Group.
- To supervise staff within the accounts payable function related to overheads and staff expenses to ensure payments are timely and accurate
- To ensure all company policies and procedures are followed and adhered to
- To set performance standards for all staff and motivate them to deliver personal objectives
- To assist all staff where necessary with problem solving to maintain the smooth running of the section
- Ownership of the accounts payable processes to drive efficiencies and harmonise procedures for ease of training, cover and support
- Assist with the preparation and submission of weekly payment runs
- Produce weekly productivity reports
- Build positive relationships with and manage expectations of suppliers
- Manage staff expense payments within the parameters of the company policy
- Managing monthly close of AP information and supporting the accounting team with reporting and analysis where appropriate
- To work closely with other departments to maintain positive relations as a business service function
- Continually strive to improve work standards and procedures to obtain maximum output and minimise queries
- Provide staff management to all clerks including 1-to-1 meetings and objective setting to drive positive staff engagement in line with the Saga Way principles
- To maintain office administration procedures
- Liaise with Group resource to provide support for a ‘purchase to payment’ platform
- Other adhoc duties
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Can competently handle different systems
- Operational understanding of the appropriate divisions would be preferred
- Demonstrable man management and leadership skills with a strong belief in developing and engaging staff
- Real customer service focus to support business needs
- Ability to challenge current process and recommend appropriate solutions and improvements
- Able to work within a team and capable of delivering objectives
- Personal flexibility, a hands-on approach and people skills must come naturally
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Coda 4 Dream preferred
- Prior accounts payable supervision experience preferred within a varied and fast changing environment
Education and Qualifications:
- Good GCSE grades, Maths and English essential
- Passed or studying for AAT an advantage (or equivalent)
- Organised & methodical
- Personal flexibility
- An eye for detail
- Able to work to deadline
- Ability to detect and proactively resolve issues
- Flexible approach to work
- Friendly and approachable team player
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.