Accounts Receivable Clerk
** Remote/home working allowed **
With market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products and brand new, luxury cruise ships the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
…And right now, we are looking for an Accounts Receivable Clerk to join us. In this role, you will accurately post and reconcile AR transactions, incorporating initiative-taking investigation and issue resolution, collate and analyse MI to drive efficiencies within the team, oversee and coordinate AR tasks and team members and consult with other business functions for best outcomes
You will be AAT level 4 qualified or close to qualifying, with experience working in a transactional role that deals with different business entities/ intercompany accounts. You will bring strong attention to detail skills and lots of self-motivation.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
- Strategic planning of team workload
- Supply support to and deputise for AR supervisor as needed
- Ensure daily bank and system data uploads complete successfully and in a timely fashion
- Daily bank postings and full month end reconciliation
- Intercompany transactions including cross-charges and month end sign-off
- Processing payment runs and managing currency requirements with Treasury
- Refunding customers within FCA guidelines
- Accurate posting of credit card transactions
- Raising of defects where appropriate
- Periodic system reporting
- Helping colleagues in other areas with queries and information
- Month end balance sheet recs in accordance with company deadlines
- Respond to agent/insurer queries within agreed SLAs
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with intercompany accounts/working in a business with different entities
- Experience in a transactional accounting role
- Strong attention to detail
- AAT level 4 qualified or close to qualifying
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
Long service awards
About the Company
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.