Accounts Receivable Clerk
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Accounts Receivable team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Group Finance function of the business.
Reporting to the AR Supervisor, you will be predominately responsible for integrating the publishing AR functions into the Group AR team which currently operate in silo within the publishing accounts team. In addition to the business as usual tasks, you will look to improve current processes to create efficiencies where possible. Following successful integration of publishing AR, you will be involved in other AR tasks across the group and assist the AR supervisor where possible.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Manage direct debits and cheque refunds
- Raising invoices
- Credit control
- Process improvement
- Project work as required
- Other AR tasks as required
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working within an AR function
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives
- Personal flexibility, a hands-on approach
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Accounting software experience
- Looking for the next step in their career path
Education and Qualifications:
- GCSE in Maths and English essential, Grade A-C
- Passed or studying for AAT an advantage (or equivalent)
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid organisational skills with the ability to self-prioritise workflows
- Customer focused attitude
- Deadline focused work ethic
- Flexible approach to workload with ability to deal with ad-hoc requests on a timely basis
- Desire for personal development with a high level of enthusiasm and self motivation
- Ability to analyse existing processes and make positive recommendations for change
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.