***Remote/home working with occasional visits each month to our Folkestone or London office***
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now we are looking for an Actuarial Analyst to work within our busy Actuarial team. You will help build, manage and improve regular processes which typically require the use of specialist actuarial software packages. You will investigate and solve some of the organisation’s toughest problems and deliver tangible business value through managing claims trends, accurate liability valuation, capital efficiency and reinsurance evaluation.
You will bring actuarial skills and an ability to understand business process to make quality judgements to set methodologies and assumptions used in reserving and capital modelling processes. You will contribute to defining and monitoring ML use cases across the business and satisfying regulatory requirements on Solvency II and IFRS reporting bases.
You’ll have a desire to understand actuarial disciplines such as claims reserving, capital modelling and reinsurance evaluation and excel at investigating trends and communicating technical output clearly and confidently to all stakeholders of all levels.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Working to ensure appropriate methodologies and assumptions are applied to business problems and that results are interpretable and explainable to non-technical business partners.
- Contributing to the monthly reserving process to value the claims reserves and report on results to the Actuarial team.
- Contributing to all 3 pillars of Solvency II requirements (quarterly and annual quantitative reporting templates, ORSA, SFCR, RSR, Actuarial Function Report (AFR)).
- Collaborating across the Saga business where required, contributing actuarial expertise and knowledge to bespoke projects.
- Working with ClaimsOps and Claims Analytics to develop ML use cases and track the benefits.
- Maintaining and developing transparency and documentation around actuarial team process.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor/Master’s in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or related discipline. You may be a recent graduate.
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data.
- Proactive, with a strong desire to learn. Demonstrates enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Strong organisational skills, e.g. manages time effectively, prioritises work appropriately, documents work thoroughly.
- Coding skills, in particular SQL/Snowflake.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.