When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
We are looking for an Actuarial Assistant to join our AICL part of the business.
You'll be become proficient in Resq and Emblem and use where appropriate in developing recommendations as well as developing and producing management information. You will bring understanding of insurance products and underwriting performance.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Involvement in all aspects of the Team’s actuarial work including pricing, reserving and solvency II reporting
- Attend meetings with underwriters and internal customers, including Claims Team, IT and Finance
- Develop and produce management information
- Monitor the sales and underwriting performance of insurance products
- Recommend changes to net rating structures in order to achieve target return
- Assist in testing and sign off of product and rate changes
- Become proficient in Resq and Emblem and use where appropriate in developing recommendations
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience
- Understanding of insurance products and underwriting performance
- Grasp pricing and reserving techniques
- Ability to analyse data and produce reports and recommendations
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Resq and Emblem or similar systems would be advantageous
- Competence in working in an Actuarial / MI department
- Familiarity with general insurance pricing processes and methodologies
Education and qualifications:
- Graduate calibre
- Degree in mathematics or similar
- Motivated to deliver quality results to required deadlines
- Excellent Excel skill
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.