With a hybrid approach requiring occasional days in our Folkestone/London office. You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance to undertake this role.
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now we are seeking an Advertising Sales Lead to represent Saga magazine’s multi-channel advertising proposition to direct clients and, agency contacts to ultimately grow advertising revenue. As Advertising Sales Lead, you will be instrumental in transforming Saga Magazine from one dimensional to multi-platform. You should be able to converse with confidence, be able to influence and negotiate with conviction. You will be key to building awareness and trust in the Saga brand.
You will bring with you, significant advertising sales experience either from the publishing side or from a media owner environment, which you’ll use to re-shape the advertising pitch. This is an exciting opportunity to overhaul our advertiser client base, to realise the opportunity of our brand.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So, if you have these specialists' skills, then we would like to hear from you.
- Driving advertising revenue for Saga Magazine and our cross-channel platforms (print display, inserts and digital), working to clear monthly targets.
- Initiating and leading new business development with potential clients who have a brand fit for Saga.
- Growing existing client relationships to support long term commitment and a positive, two-way dialogue.
- Developing creative, bespoke content and commercial partnerships working alongside our Editorial team.
- Using industry data and insight to help position Saga in a compelling, credible way as part of our response to clients’ briefs.
- Writing and delivering engaging and compelling presentations to external audiences of various sizes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant advertising sales experience at a publishing business or in a media owner environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the editorial process.
- Multi-media campaign planning, pricing and delivery.
- Planning and execution of cross-channel partnerships including providing creative response to briefs.
- Influencing senior advertising agency stakeholders.
- Negotiation of commercial deals.
- Writing and giving presentations to media planners.
- Forecasting and reporting on advertising revenue budgets.
- Highly organised and proactive.
- Relationship building.
- Analysing and presenting data/insight.
- Influencing senior stakeholders.
- Sales negotiation.
- Commercial thinking.
- Customer obsessed and curious.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.