Finance Business Partner (AFM)
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
In this role, you will focus on cost control in our operations (contact centre) and our wider cost base. You will also support strategic projects which will cover commercial priorities across the business.
You will need to be able to work autonomously and as part of a team, to proactively problem solve and deliver insight & analysis.
This role is suited to qualified finance professionals that have some previous managerial experience.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Monthly management account prep and review for overheads costs including variance analysis & commentary
- Monthly engagement with budget holders
- Responsible for forecasting, budgeting and long-term planning for overheads costs
- Supporting business cases for investment
- Being key point of contact for the Operations management team
- Review of the operations bonus scheme
- Working with group finance to manage and control overall costs
- Assisting the Head of strategic projects with analysis and business case preparation as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable competence of working in a business partnering capacity
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Would ideally have experience in a sizeable (1000+ employees) organisation, ideally a Plc
- Able to demonstrate significant competence in the use of financial systems packages and Excel
- Excellent personal effectiveness and time management skills, such as task and diary management, work and project planning, file and record keeping (physical and electronic)
- Able to work as a team and capable of delivering objectives under pressure
- A professional approach and a high regard for confidentiality
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate level or equivalent desirable
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels
- High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Able to work independently without constant oversight
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.