Assistant Financial Accountant
** Remote/home working allowed **
With market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
And right now we are looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Record to Report (R2R) team within Finance Shared Services on a 12 - month Fixed Term Contract. You will be responsible for month end close including all aspects of general ledger accounting and reporting.
You will bring strong academics, both GCSEs and A-Levels and are either already studying toward, or intending to start studying toward becoming ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package to start in February 2021.
If this is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Month end close including all aspects of general ledger accounting and reporting
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, coordinating with colleagues
- Maintain good relationships with internal stakeholders
- External reporting including year-end/ interim audits, regulatory returns and compliance
- Development of the month end close process, striving for process efficiencies
- Responsibility for the maintenance of accounting records and associated processes
- Development of systems and process to improve the production efficiency of those accounts
- Liaison with external and internal auditors
- Provide support to the other areas of Finance as required
- Ad-hoc projects and other data analysis as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Preferable to have some experience working in finance, but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of working within a team
- A general understanding of either General Insurance or Travel industries
- Strong academics, both GCSEs and A-Levels or equivalents. Preferably degree qualified in a numerate discipline
- Either already studying toward, or intending to start studying toward becoming ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a range of colleagues at varying levels
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues
- High integrity and objectivity, capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and interrogate, facilitating the ability to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Inquisitive, and strong desire to understand the “why” behind processes in order to perform them better and identify opportunities
- Able to work independently without constant oversight
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.