Assistant Financial Accountant
** Remote/home working allowed **
Titan Travel leads the way in providing escorted tours across the world. From the Norwegian fjord's to the Great Barrier Reef and everywhere in between, we create perfect travel moments for our customers time and time again!
…And right now, we are looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join our Finance team. You will assist with all financial reporting & control activities for the Company. You will be assisting with all internal and external reporting requirements of Titan, be a point of contact with external auditors throughout the year, input into the management of the financial control environment and assist with FP&A responsibilities where necessary.
You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and negotiate across all levels as you gather the information needed for your role. You will bring clarity in your explanations of accounting concepts and calculations to external auditors in your pivotal role in year-end and interim audits.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you a trainee/ part-qualified accountant with a keen interest to expand your experience within finance and the Travel sector then we want to hear from you!
Assist in the preparation of:
- All financial reporting for the business, including monthly board pack/ management accounts, statutory accounts, overheads and shareholder reporting
- External reporting compliance, including banking covenants, CAA and ABTA
- All tax compliance (CT, VAT/ TOMS)
- Audit management
- Maintaining an effective control environment supported by processes and systems to safeguard the company’s assets and reduce risk
- Development of systems to improve the production efficiency of those accounts
- Provide support to the other areas of finance as required, but particularly during busy times
- Continual analysis and improvement of finance processes
- Ad-hoc projects and other data analysis as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Trainee/ part-qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant
- Some experience working in finance in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience of working within a team
- Experience working in a travel/ tour operation setting is preferable but not essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a range of colleagues at varying levels of seniority
- Able to quickly establish credibility, winning the respect and co-operation of colleagues at all levels, including Finance Directors and senior Finance personnel
- High integrity and objectivity capable of selling ideas and implementing change
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think outside the box
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to identify anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Able to work autonomously
- Relish the challenge of working to tight deadlines and during periods of pressure
The standard benefits when you join Titan include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Titan holidays and partner Company products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies