Assistant Management Accountant
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Group function of the business.
Reporting to the relevant Finance Manager in the Saga Group Finance Department, this role is suited to a graduate wishing to embark on a career in finance or finance professionals progressing through studies of a recognised Finance qualification.
You will be responsible for different aspects of work within the Finance department including preparation and analysis in either the financial and/or management aspects of the business, and reporting of financial performance.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
The primary tasks of the role are as follows;
- Working closely with the Finance Manager.
- Production of actual and forecast management accounts for Group IT and Saga Services Overhead departments. Work towards challenging inputs from these areas to facilitate more accurate forecasting.
- Production of accruals and prepayments and general ledger journals relating to Group IT and Services Overheads.
- Provide operational financial support for the business units above.
- Management of the Group fixed asset register to include; management of the capital expenditure authorisation request (CAER) process, the posting of the monthly depreciation journal; processing of IT staff and contractor timesheets in relation to capital projects and monthly reforecasts of capital expenditure.
- Assist in the annual five-year planning and budget process.
- Calculate and manage the annual management recharges.
- Establish relevant and timely communication with internal and external customers to ensure that performance standards are met.
- Preparation, use and maintenance of financial models to facilitate decision-making.
- Liaison with internal / external audit teams as required.
- Liaison with other companies within the group and external companies as required.
- Ad-hoc projects as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- The role of Assistant Management Accountant is progressive, with the expectation that the role holder will develop within the role and through the various levels of a Finance qualification.
- A strong numerical background and advanced MS Excel skills (to include the Pivot tables and Vlookup formulas).
- Experience of managing a large fixed asset register desirable.
- Experience using Coda Dream and TM1 desirable although not essential as training can be provided.
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level (in a relevant subject) or currently studying for an accountancy qualification (AAT/ CIMA / ACCA or ACA).
- Demonstrate a professional manner.
- Strong academic background.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Understand the importance of deadlines and be willing to work towards achieving them.
- The individual should have drive and determination to succeed and be willing to challenge existing processes.
- Confident speaking across various levels of the business, conveying complex ideas at an appropriate level.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.