Assistant Marketing Manager (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career. This role is an important part of the Retention Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Services function of the business.
You will be supporting the Marketing Manager to discover, create and execute a range of marketing communications to assist with two primary objectives for Saga Services:
- Grow Value in our insurance business: Drive growth in our Multi Product Holders.
- Engage with our existing customers: Develop the right engagement strategy to drive value from our existing customers from purchase through to renewal.
You will be developing compelling discounts and offers for our members, as well as growing engagement journeys for existing customers that helps them renew products. Working with those in the team you will regularly monitor multi-product holders and run analysis of multi product holders to drive growth.
You will have excellent communication and organisation skills, and will be able to deliver while working to tight deadlines, your fantastic presentation skills allows you to update the team, wider department, and Senior Management. If you're a self-confident marketing professional who thrives in a busy environment then come and join this ever evolving team!
This role will be offered as a 12 month fixed term contract.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Regular monitoring of multi product holders
- Run regular analysis of MPH and trends over time
- Work with ops and retention team to deliver new loyalty discounts
- Production of regular MI, as well as working with finance for forecasting future growth in MPH
- Working with the Membership team to devise messaging and creatives to engage our customers
- Develop compelling member only discounts/offers if customers purchase a second product
- Work with the wide retention marketing team to deliver personalisation into documents where customers hold more than one product
- Develop an engagement journey for existing customers, that helps them renew
- Develop an educational/seasonal email communication to our existing customers informing them of key issues that may affect them
- Raising change through the agile change process. This will involve producing business cases, working with scrum masters, business analysts and project managers
- Utilise and liaise regularly with internal teams and departments
- Manage/Oversee several key cross-functional projects to support business plans, strategies, product changes and new launches
- Work closely with the Product Marketing Teams to identify ongoing MPH and Membership test and learn opportunities within both existing and new marketing channels
- Responsibilities for ensuring FCA procedures are adhered to
- Proactively use competitor research and market insight to identify opportunities to help enhance existing marketing creatives and communications as well as introduce new activity
- Review all marketing communications and analysis and adjust plans to ensure the ongoing achievement of targets
- Work closely with the Customer Insight Team to enhance our reporting and subsequently knowledge of our customers profiles and behaviours. Use this to provide regular and accurate MI and reports to be distributed to the wider department
- Deputise for Marketing Manager
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good working knowledge of financial services / general insurance industry and its regulations is preferred
- Strong direct response marketing background with an annual marketing budget
- Experience in managing several key cross- functional projects
- Research skills
- Commercial awareness
Education and Qualifications:
- Graduate calibre and/or equivalent professional qualification/experience is preferred
- Fantastic stakeholder management skills
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and focussed on business objectives
- Excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills
- Deadline driven and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- A motivated problem solver and innovative thinker with a positive can do attitude
- Willingness to research and learn in order to reach business objectives
- Sound analytic and numerical skills
- Adaptable & Creative
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.