Assistant Project Accountant (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities
This role is an important part of the Finance team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Holidays function of the business.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be working on project related financial processes, reports and will be responsible for managing the testing of financial information for the project.
You will have an eye for detail and will be able to think progressively about financial reporting. You will oversee the management testing of financial information for the project which may entail investigation with other finance and accounting departments across the business.
This role will be offered as a 6 month fixed term contract.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Working closely with the Head of Finance
- Managing bugs and development for the Finance workstream of the project.
- Identifying potential bugs through rigorous testing.
- Management of relationship with third party regarding management for Finance related bugs.
- Assist in the production of reports for management review.
- Establish relevant and timely communication with internal customers to ensure that performance standards are met.
- Preparation, use and maintenance of test plans.
- Liaison with other project workstreams and project team members as required.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- You will need to be thorough in your approach to testing and be able to ensure that any issues can be articulated with a solution to correct.
- The expectation is that there is a high level of financial and numerical understanding and ability to complete work tasks.
- A strong numerical background and advanced MS Excel skills (to include the Pivot tables and Vlookup formulas).
- Experience testing systems and financial output would be an advantage.
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or currently studying for an accountancy qualification (AAT/ CIMA / ACCA or ACA) is preferred.
- Demonstrate a professional manner.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Acknowledge the importance of deadlines and be willing to work towards achieving them.
- You should have drive and determination to succeed and be willing to challenge existing processes.
- You'll be confident speaking across various levels of the business, conveying complex ideas at an appropriate level.
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.