Assistant to PA for CEO Saga Travel - Part Time
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Administration team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Travel function of the business.
The main purpose of this role is to provide full efficient, effective and confidential executive support to the PA for the CEO – Saga Travel. As well as supporting activities of the CEO – Saga Travel this will extend to providing support to both Saga Holidays and Saga Cruises Top Team as and when required.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career with Saga.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- To be fully involved in all the Chief Executive’s activities
- Co-ordinating the planning and scheduling of board meetings and ongoing business updates. This includes booking rooms, preparation of presentations, slide decks etc
- To attend meetings, take minutes, chase actions, and prepare reports and co-ordinate board minutes
- Deal with telephone calls, correspondence and enquiries, responding where appropriate and tracking the actions of others to ensure that responses are given
- Prepare and coordinate commercially sensitive and highly confidential information
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements as and when required for the team
- Effective diary management of CEO and Top Team members in Saga Holidays/Saga Cruises ensuring the efficient smooth running of the offices, supporting through effective diary, telephone, and meetings management. This is to include agenda preparation and communications, meeting notes as required, arranging catering, IT support set-up etc
- Ensuring that appropriate office systems are maintained, and effective forward-planning is performed
- To represent the CEO and his office to executives, customers, and business contacts
- To independently take initiative in matters that require attention and to alert the appropriate people where necessary
- Providing a comprehensive and highly confidential administrative support
- Developing a strong understanding of the priorities for the leaders you support as well as the business/functional areas they work in
- Ensuring the safe keeping of confidential information, displaying discretion when dealing with matters of confidence and ensuring confidential documents are distributed, stored and destroyed effectively
- Assisting in any other projects and tasks as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good command of Microsoft office applications
- Experienced in minute taking
- Excellent communicator, both verbal, written and listening
- Pragmatic and pro-active approach to work
- Excellent time management and the ability to deal with several tasks at once
- Trustworthy with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential material in an appropriate manner
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in the organisation
- Strong letter writing skills
- Must be accustomed to working in a fast moving and challenging environment, dealing with high profile senior executives
Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary education
- Can do attitude
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Problem solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable
- Highly organised
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.