The role of Aviation Executive is an integral diverse and busy role within our Product team, ensuring the smooth running of flight pricing, availability and bookings
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensure the smooth running of the department at all times
- Manage the queues within Amadeus
- Issuing all tickets within the time limit set by the airline
- Managing involuntary flight schedule changes, updating PNR’s and overcoming any issues that may have occurred as a result of the change
- Re-issuing tickets both automated or manually
- Dealing with contracts IT / BT net tickets and published fares
- Cancelling and refunding tickets plus updating files to ensure everything is correct
- Issuing EMD’s for all manner of extras
- Contacting airlines to help solve problems and or help with issues we may have
- Mark-up and review new fares in FareXpert to allow distribution into Amadeus
- Assist in working towards individual airline targets
- Support the sales team with help on itineraries, pricing and obtaining the best fares
- Ensure all areas of the business are aware of any key offers we may have
- Participate in training sessions to ensure the highest level of knowledge is gained
- Working closely with our Helpdesk to assist with clients with any issues affecting customers flights
- Offering support on a rota basis at weekends throughout the year and evenings during our peak trading months
- Provide weekly BSP reports and answer queries that may arise
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge of Amadeus including fares, revalidations, re-issues and refunds
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- A friendly, approachable, professional team player with excellent communication skills who is able to contribute a positive vibe to the team and support others in time of high workload
- High levels of pro-activity; good organisation and planning skills
- The ability to work well on their own as well as part of a busy team
- A willingness to work flexible shifts to support the needs of the business
- Good geographical and product knowledge of destinations, cities and airlines
- Possess good time management skills and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of manual fare construction and airline fare rules applicable to the issuance of tickets
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years current Amadeus GDS experience
- Good standard of education and be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience in dealing with airline contracts
- Experience of FareXpert (not essential)
- Hard working and organised
- Team player yet able to work on an individual basis
- Good communicator
The duties listed are not exhaustive. Additional hours of work may be required, as determined by the needs of the business. Managers and staff may be required to undertake additional duties, responsibilities and projects as appropriate.
- A competitive salary of up to £23,000 per annum dependent upon experience
- An opportunity to work in a challenging and diverse industry with plenty of room for innovation and disruption.
- Flexible working opportunities
- 22 days holiday (incrementally rising to 25) plus bank/public holidays (currently 8 per year)
- Additional Annual Leave purchase scheme
- Annual bonus scheme related to company and individual performance
- Discounted holidays to our amazing portfolio of products (Destinology holidays) for employee’s and their family and friends
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance /Death in service benefit
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work schemes
- Eyesight test vouchers;
- Employee lifestyle benefits and concessions
- Free car parking, tea and coffee
- We like to have treats too. Whether it’s one of our hotel partners arranging a Thai feast for lunch, our Summer and Christmas parties, or a round of pasties for a job well done, you'll be well fed.
- Free Share scheme (Saga Plc) (after period of service)
- Purchase of Saga Plc Shares scheme
- Employee of the month award scheme
- Dress down Fridays
About the Company
Established in 2004, Destinology have grown from a young, ambitious luxury travel start-up, to being bought by the hugely successful Saga PLC in 2014. We’re experiencing year on year growth, but we want more!
We’re a digitally focussed company who believe in doing things a little bit differently as we strive to stay one step ahead, exploring and helping to redefine what luxury travel really means to people. Passionate about our products, places and people, we take great pride the relationships we build - with our customers, the suppliers we work with and our team.
It’s our dedication to customers, technology and people that helps to set us apart and provides the foundations to build success.
When you join Destinology you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.