** At Saga we’re radically flexible which means our colleagues have total autonomy over where they work – home, hybrid or hub. This role has a hybrid element which means our team come together to collaborate 1-2 times a week on average***
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
As our new Business Analyst, you will work within the Change Management team for Saga Holidays at an exciting period of growth and investment. Working as part of a small team, you will provide Project Management and Business Analysis to drive through successful change into our Travel business. This may take the form of analysing requirements of new/changed product and systems offerings or strategic change to any part of the business and undertaking process reviews and re-engineering.
You will be curious, like a challenge and the ability to work with stakeholders at all levels as well as great systems knowledge within the Travel sector.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Work within Change Management team to effectively manage the Requirements engineering process and business analysis so that all requirements are accurately documented and communicated to stakeholders.
- Ensure that business knowledge is up to date in order to advise on alternative solutions to existing problems, therefore avoiding unnecessary application development where possible.
- Assist in the recommendation of appropriate Information Technology solutions to fit business needs and commensurate with the business case.
- Provide written documentation at required level to ensure that thorough understanding of the requirements is agreed with both stakeholders and development teams.
- Assist in reviewing, test and verification that assigned tasks are meeting the agreed business requirements.
- Liaise and support the Project Manager to ensure they are updated on any risks or issues identified during requirements gathering and agreeing functional spec
- Where appropriate, assist UAT team with regards to raising test plans and testing where necessary.
- Provide first line of contact between business and development teams both during the requirements engineering process and through the development lifecycle.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience using systems relevant to the Saga Travel Group.
- Travel Operational experience preferred.
- Process engineering.
- Business Analysis/ requirement gathering.
- Stakeholder management.
- Knowledge of standard Operating procedures.
- Business Acumen.
- Project Management
- Change Management
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.