Business Intelligence Analyst
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Business MI unit in our Saga Services Ltd (SSL) Finance team. This role offers opportunity to learn all aspects of the SSL business whilst over-seeing a critical function during a period of transformation and growth.
You will be creating and maintaining technical documentation and best practices for all aspect of data extraction and transformation as well as assisting the team with identifying gaps in data sets and ensuring we have optimal data quality for accurate and timely reporting and MI.
You'll bring experience working with PL / SQL and an understanding of Agile methodology, including BDD practices.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Developing and implementing ETL processes and SSAS cubes using Microsoft BI stack
- Specifying, designing and automating of business processes using BI tools
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation and best practices for all aspect of data extraction and transformation
- Assisting the team with identifying gaps in data sets and ensuring we have optimal data quality for accurate and timely reporting and MI
- Working with the business and technical stakeholders, identify and develop data sets to assist in efficient reporting and MI production
- Working alongside the data testing function as a key stakeholder and technical point on detailed and accurate testing plans
- Reviewing and making recommendations on infrastructure and technologies used, always striving for continuous improvement and sustainability
- Championing data quality and integrity, providing support and feedback in order to improve data quality
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working with PL / SQL
- Experience working with Business Intelligence tools, preferable within the MS stack
- Experience working with transactional systems as well as reporting applications and analysis tools
- Understanding of Agile methodology, including BDD practices such as acceptance criteria, Given-When-Then statements, Unit, QA and acceptance testing
- Experience working within a Finance or Reporting team
- Experience working in medium / large scale projects
- Experience chairing meetings with internal stakeholders and external clients/suppliers
- Proven experience in creating and enforcing technical best practices
- Knowledgeable on the principles behind effective database design and data management
- Knowledgeable with GDPR and effectively managing the fundamental in a data guided team
Education and Qualifications:
- Willingness to work towards an appropriate certification in information systems security
- Willingness to work towards appropriate data, analytics and other IT certifications as required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Should be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) capable of getting their points across to both technical and business representatives at all levels of the organisation
- High level critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to detect and resolve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Highly analytic
- Strives for continuous improvement in both process and technologies
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.