Business Reporting Manager
** Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Business Reporting Manager to join us. In this role, you will manage and develop data systems, business reporting and analytics as well as the development of data functions. You will also provide technical leadership within a delivery team which is responsible for delivering Business Management Information.
Data and reporting are key to our insurance business, and the data provided from this team will have a big impact by helping to drive decision making. The team also have ambitions to move to new technologies and new development, so this really will be an interesting role.
You will have a background in development and be able to communicate with tech teams. You will bring SQL and BI Stack experience with an ability to lead a team and manage stakeholders through change.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this role sounds of interest, apply now!
- Provide the team with technical leadership
- Bridge the gap between product architecture and the detailed design
- Ensures technical integrity of the product working with the team
- Ensures technical quality and standards are met within the team
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communication needed to manage the technical performance in the team and ensure dependencies with other teams are effectively managed
- Experienced in Agile methodology including Agile programme tools
- Experienced developer background
- PL/SQL development capability essential
- Good understanding and development capability of MS SQL BI Stack would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Guidewire would be an advantage
- An eye for detail
- Analytically strong with the ability to challenge and think creatively
- Possess an inquisitive mind, and be able to find anomalies or inconsistencies and pursue these through to a resolution
- Experience in data analytics, reporting and data change implementation / testing practices
- Experience in managing and leading a data reporting & analytics function
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.