Call Centre Agent For Insurance Claims
This role is home based. We won’t expect you to come into our offices and we’ll set you up for success by providing the technology you need and a packed induction programme to guide you through your first weeks with us. You’ll need to have a quiet space at home to work as well as a good internet connection.
What you’ll do
Our colleagues play the most important part in creating exceptional experiences for our customers every day. That means delivering an experience that is better than expected, with every customer, every day. So, we want exceptional people to join our team!
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
The role is telephone-based and involves interacting with our loyal customers on a daily basis about their insurance claims. In this role, you will have the opportunity to positively impact customers’ lives and make a real difference as they navigate through their claims journey.
Being exceptional every day on every call is not for the faint hearted! You will be speaking to up to up to 20 customers per day and taking ownership of the customer’s journey, going above and beyond for each customer, overcoming and finding solutions to their queries and complaints should they arise. If you thrive on a challenge, are at your best when you’re busy and can achieve stretching targets then this is the job for you!
Working as a Claim’s Handler within our First Notification of Loss department you will be the first person our customer speaks to after they have had an accident in their vehicle. This can vary from a minor collision whereby our customer has scratched the bumper to their vehicle, all the way through to a multi-car pile up on the motorway, resulting in our customers vehicle being immobile and requiring collection from the roadside.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience is everything to us at Saga and we value life experience as highly as we do technical expertise. If you have a natural ability to relate to people and are a champion of exceptional customer experience then we have a comprehensive induction programme to help you get up to speed on the technical side.
Previous customer service experience is vital and ideally gained within a contact centre but we’re open minded about the industry sector in which you’ve gained this.
The Good Stuff
Our colleagues play the most important part in creating exceptional experiences for our customers every day. It is their empathy, collaboration, and drive to succeed for our customers that make them the best at what they do. We offer a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Starting salary of £19,821 per annum
- Pay rise to £20,357 on the successful completion of probation, typically 6 months
- Opportunities to progress to a Mastery skill level earning £24,643 within a year
- An enhanced holiday allowance – 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and the opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday each year
- Paid volunteer days
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
- Generous Workplace Pension
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and support including Unmind and AXA Be Supported
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products which extend to your family
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups, and entertainment companies