Call Centre Agent
** Remote/home working allowed **
With visits to the Folkestone office required so the role would suit those that are Kent and East Sussex based.
At Saga, we believe in exceptional experiences every day whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are Precision Pace, Empathy, Curiosity, and Collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
With market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
You may not have considered a career with Saga before. But, with new improved salaries, a brilliant pay progression scheme and some excellent benefits on offer, now’s a wonderful time to join us.
Dealing effectively with incoming calls about a range of insurance products and transactions is what this job is about. A real chance to make the most of your excellent customer service skills in a truly customer-focused role, you will spend each day finding and fulfilling a variety of needs, including bringing onboard new customers, keeping existing ones, and cross-selling at every opportunity. In short, you will deliver a high-quality service and create exceptional experiences for our loyal customers by displaying professionalism and ownership of each call.
A natural people-person with excellent positive-language and problem-solving skills, you are comfortable working individually and within a team. Someone who can deal with all manner of enquiries empathetically, collaboratively, and with precision pace, you have a flexible approach and lots of initiative too. What is more, you pride yourself on your high degree of accuracy, even when under pressure. Oh, and you have the curiosity to see how you can be part of our mission to create exceptional experiences every day!
We have roles within our Insurance team starting at £19,316 per annum which have structured pay progression programmes in place to reward high performance. All our roles have a focus on the customer and all of them require a flexible approach to shift patterns.
If you can be the person that is target-driven, committed to professionalism, and committed to creating value in the customer’s world then we would like to hear from you.
Scroll down and you will find further information about the recruitment process and the steps you will need to take to be successful.
To provide our customers with exemplary service by dealing with all calls efficiently, accurately, and promptly
To contribute proportionately to the Team’s achievements of all KPIs, as set by the Team Manager
To meet and exceed the quality standards set by Saga in handling calls and ensure that all promises to our customers are fulfilled
To give flexibility in working arrangements to ensure customer demands are satisfied
To use questioning and listening skills to fulfill customer requirements and needs
To develop and keep a thorough understanding of all products and processes
To be able to deal with demanding situations in an empathetic and professional manner
To keep client confidentiality always
To be able to investigate and resolve any customer complaints delivering first-class customer service
Our contact centre opening hours are 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm Saturday and 9am - 5pm on a Sunday
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for new colleagues who share our values and have the right skills in the following areas:
- Empathy - we understand and acknowledge how someone else is feeling and their experience, and we walk in their shoes, so they know we care and understand, and so we improve experiences for customers and colleagues. Always open to others.
- Digital Skills - able to articulate strengths in using typical technologies for work. Shows both understanding and also awareness of development areas. Interested in trends and changes in technologies and understands that technology plays a key role in this role and the future landscape of the world of work.
- Precision Pace - we agree clear goals and plans, we move quickly and boldly, and we act and take responsibility so we can deliver high quality at pace, adapt and respond as the world changes, and stay focused on the things that really matter. Always be decisive.
- Dependability - takes personal accountability for performance. Remains focused on the task at hand when things get difficult. Delivers what they commit to. Keeps a continuous check on the quality of work.
- Collaboration - we are one team, we get on the bus and work together, we are inclusive and value difference, so we achieve better, simpler, faster outcomes, and we are more than the sum of our parts. Always joining forces.
- Resilience - remains calm and collected in difficult circumstances. Has a range of strategies to deal with pressure. Shows tenacity in the pursuit of goals. Manages distractions in the working environment and remains focused on goals.
- Curiosity - we are open-minded, always seeking new insights and learning about our customers, markets, competitors and each other, and we welcome and provide challenge so we can do our best thinking, bring in fresh ideas, and continuously improve and innovate. Always developing.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Rapid promotion potential with pay increases in basic salary and monthly commission
The ability to work from anywhere in Kent and East Sussex with our tech capabilities
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.