Through their amazing work, our healthcare team understand the value of the home. At Saga we want our healthcare team to feel at home and that is why our careers offer them the opportunity to grow and develop in a nurturing environment.
You will be working in the Operations team creating and publishing the rosters for the Carers. Co-ordinating and supporting Carers in the field. Liaising with clients and families. Dealing with enquiries and complaints and escalating as necessary
You’ll bring good communication skills verbally and written.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- To construct and publish carer rosters, adhering to all regulatory and Company requirements.
- Respond to queries arising from roster planning and publication.
- Update all relevant systems.
- Monitoring Late check-in/out notifications.
- To effectively balance carer rosters, taking into consideration agreed quality targets and requirements; including training, supervisions, and annual leave requests.
- Ensure Company requirements are sufficiently met and prioritised as necessary.
- Communicate significant issues to all relevant parties.
- Perform to Service Level Agreements and ensure minimum levels are achieved.
- Acknowledge and respond to feedback as appropriate, with a view to continuously improving procedures and communications.
- Publish data as appropriate to relevant departments and carer workforce.
- Support the rest of the team as and when required.
- Part of the Saga Care at Home ON-Call team.
- Adopt a flexible, enthusiastic and driven approach to achieving the financial goals of the business.
- Contribute to maintaining a high level of housekeeping and attention to health and safety issue so as to create a healthy and safe working environment.
- Willingly carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Company in line with the company Employee Handbook.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven experience of working within a highly pressurised role and working accurately to tight deadlines.
- The preferred candidate will have care knowledge and experience of working with cost parameters.
- A good understanding of care roster production would also be an advantage.
- Being comfortable with Microsoft Office, including Excel, is a must.
- Critical-Thinking Skills: ability to devise plans of action and asses those plans regularly.
- Problem-Solving experience.
- Good understanding of customer requirements and Carers strengths/hours/locations.
- Ability to prioritise and self-manage.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Displays initiative.
- Works well as part of a team.
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Healthcare experience is essential.
- You enjoy handling several things at once and use your own initiative to solve problems. You'll be a strong communicator and will be comfortable liaising with colleagues at different levels across the organisation.
- Team player.
- Duty of candour.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- 28 days holiday
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.