Be a part of a team that exists to inspire and enable exceptional experiences
An exciting opportunity to join our team as Clearance Officer. You will be responsible for all Immigration, Customs and Visa matters, embarkation and disembarkation process, ship certificates that relate to Port Clearances.
You will also assist in providing an ensuring a smooth and efficient embarkation and disembarkation process for all Guests onboard our luxury Boutique Cruise Ships.
Additional responsibilities would include coordinating Guest Entertainer embarkation and disembarkation whilst assisting where required, the Crew Office for the clearance of all Crew whether embarking, disembarking or calling into Port.
- Ensures the preparation of papers for clearance including keeping passenger manifests up to date, souls onboard count, traffic reports for all ports and medical debarks as and when required
- Monitors and ensures the accuracy and updating of the passenger manifest at all times ensuring all updated within MXP
- Main liaison between the vessel and local port agents for the Captain and Guest related matters
- Responsible for the clearance of the vessel with the local authorities in each port of call
- Ensures the vessel is in compliance with all legal Guest citizenship/visa documentation operating a ‘Zero tolerance’ policy and responsible for passport control and distribution
- Responsible for sending the Guest/Crew e-NOA/D file to US CBP and US Coast Guard upon sailing or entry to the US as required and in accordance with US Government and International regulations
- Coordinates Voyage Reports, family visit applications and any other documents as required by Guest Services Director
- Responsible for manifesting items to be offloaded from the vessel ensuring accuracy and compliance
- Provides respective Heads of Department with information on all Guests embarking and disembarking during a voyage and reconciles the Guest/crew movement report
- Notifies the Bridge when embarkation is complete and that all Guests and Ship personnel are cleared for sailing
- Distributes Guest manifest to the Bridge and department heads after sailing from the port of embarkation as required
- Handles disembarkation airline ticket change requests for Guests and Guest Entertainers as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience as Clearance Officer/Admin Manager/2nd Purser onboard a Cruise Ship
- Excellent organization skills and able to execute operational imperatives in a swift and demanding environment
- All certificates as required by the STCW code for this position
- Good command of the English Language
This is a fixed term contract onboard our cruise ships and comes with an excellent benefits package.
About the Company
At Saga we see the world through our customers eyes to allow us to exceed their expectations. Over the past 18 months, we have been focused on creating a British boutique cruising experience for our guests that is not available elsewhere on the market. The arrival of Spirit of Discovery last year was the first milestone in this plan and the ship has been extremely well received by our guests. We have now taken delivery of the newest addition to our fleet, Spirit of Adventure, with her striking design, distinctive new venues, and innovative speciality restaurants, she will certainly have a unique personality. She will complement Spirit of Discovery, and fulfil our promise of boutique luxury, perfectly.
You will be welcomed into a loyal and caring group of professionals who see our passengers and other crew members as real people with feelings and needs. Guests are known by their name and are not just a number. We pride ourselves as working as one team between those working onboard and onshore to create the best possible product for our guests.
Below you will see some videos of our new ships:
Below you will also see links to our website that will allow you to virtually step onboard our ships: