Colleague Support Engineer (IT Service Desk)
** Remote/home working allowed with regular visits to the Folkestone office**
With market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
Our IT systems are key to our ability to personalise and target communications to our customers, improve the experience of members of Possibilities, our customers and employees, and achieve operational efficiencies.
…And right now, we are looking for 2 Colleague Support Engineers 1 will be on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You’ll be responsible for delivering IT support service to our colleagues and third-party vendors by keeping up to date with policies, processes, procedures and by keeping a keen eye on new technology developments. You will be providing access to systems and servers, installing software, communicating major incidents, handling colleagues with various technical ability and much more.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If you are looking for a career in IT or want to carry on with your development, then we would like to hear from you.
- Providing first line technical support to colleagues and third-party vendors
- Complying with SLAs and KPI as set out by the business
- Working closely with all areas of the business to identify, record and resolve incidents, problems and known issues
- Working with third parties to report, liaise and resolve incidents whilst ensuring colleagues are regularly kept up to date and informed of progress
- Recognising areas that need improvement and proposing solutions as part of our continual service improvement model
- Participating in projects, larger work pieces such as implementation of new systems and other AD HOC activities to aid technology and non-technology teams
- Proactively and reactively monitor a variety of applications, services and systems to ensure the best possible uptime
- Communicating to technical and non-technical colleagues through a variety of channels such as telephone, MS Teams, self-service portal etc. ensuring jargon is put into plain language where necessary
- Providing system access through our auditable process ensuring requests have the correct level of approval before applying access
- Where necessary, providing occasional on-site support with our colleagues from other technology teams by handling a variety of kit such as laptops, desktops, telephones, mobile devices etc
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the business to ensure Saga’s strategic initiatives are followed
You will be on an 8-week shift pattern (including some Bank holidays) and the stipulated rules to ensure full coverage is always obtained. Shifts are on a rotation starting at 07:30 and finishing at 18:00 with weekend work starting at 08:00 and finishing at 17:00.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in an infrastructure related role within a corporate environment.
- Basic level of awareness of the ITIL framework including things such as incident, problem, change management etc…
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and alone
- Strong customer service capability
- Good analytical skills
- Able to work methodically under pressure
- Happy to follow process and procedure
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.