Commercial Analyst (11 Month Fixed Term Contract)
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Commercial team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Holidays function of the business, focussing on our hotel stays and bringing our new Signature Collection to life.
You will be responsible for driving the overall trading success of a selection of destinations. Working closely with the marketing and purchasing teams, you will be involved in driving new product development - helping to bring new products to market, managing pricing and brochure production for your product range as well as the on-going yield management for those markets. All with the aim of maximising profitability and meeting or exceeding our revenue and margin targets.
As a “champion” for your specific markets, we’re looking for someone who is passionate, has strong communication skills, reasoning and problem-solving skills as well as an interest in travel.
Lack experience? Don’t worry, we’ll show you how it’s done, just bring the skills and enthusiasm!
This role will be offered as a 11 month fixed term contract.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Initial pricing for all holiday products to ensure that optimal profitability is achieved
- Deliver campaign, price and product activity to achieve and exceed the business plan targets and day to day trading performance
- Identify areas where tactical trading initiatives can maximise sales and assist the purchasing team in promoting destinations and product
- Work with the Product Managers & Purchasing Managers to drive tactical offers and provide robust and insightful data for product negotiations
- Assist with regular rolling forecasts by product and destination in order to ensure optimal capacity and price strategies in place and timely financial forecasting
- Produce revenue margin and passenger numbers for each of the destinations managed in the assigned markets in line with the agreed plan
- Deliver actions and strategies for each of the destinations managed to achieve goals including ongoing maintenance of pricing on the reservations system
- Ensure capacity inventory levels are sufficient in order to facilitate demand throughout markets
- Ensure all products are competitive in the market
- Analyse weekly reports and make necessary pricing and yield decisions
- Review monthly sales reports with top selling holidays components and provide feedback on how to further grow business
- Champion and highlight areas where continued business efficiencies exist to improve profit and price points
- Actively contribute towards Saga Holidays strategy and product plan.
- Produce product lists for marketing activity
- Work closely with colleagues in Commercial, Purchasing, the Studio, Marketing and Aviation
- Maintain continuous dialogue with sales colleagues regarding priorities and challenges for respective markets
- Accountable for all committed risk for the designated product area within the PFG
- Manage the commercial brief process – producing all bed and air seat buying plans for each season
- To thoroughly check all brochure and other artwork for accuracy and clarity of pricing and offers in line with relevant legislation and ensuring it achieves the commercial goals.
- Communication of pricing information and sales queries in a timely, accurate and concise manner
- Identify opportunities within special Interest holidays (SPINS) and Solos to drive and enable further growth in line with company objectives
- Create, manage and communicate actionable Intelligence for the wider commercial team
- Constantly innovate and reinvent own knowledge and understanding of best practice around market trends, industry insights and business analysis
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of pricing and yield processes, commercial issues and impact on wider business
- Highly numerate, ability to monitor trends and patterns in business performance
- Good knowledge of ground and air rates and their effect on overall selling price and gross margin
- Ability to set and follow through clear targets and objectives to the wider team
- Good IT & software skills including sound understanding of Microsoft Office
- An understanding of the impact of decisions on the business now and in the future
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to digest detailed and complex information and provide detailed insights from large amounts of data
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Persuasion, negotiation, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, diplomacy, tact and sound judgement
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.