Here at Titan Travel, we’re fiercely passionate about providing customers with fantastic holidays. Right now, we’re looking for a commercially astute individual with excellent analytical skills, to join our Revenue Management team. Part of the Saga Group, we take our customers to some of the world’s most exciting destinations, from Kathmandu to New England and Buenos Aires to Alaska, where travellers have access to once in a lifetime experiences and can create memories they can treasure forever.
Maintaining a competitive edge in today’s fast moving environment is key to success. Companies need to have a real understanding of their business metrics and commercial, market and industry information and its impact on their customers. In short, a focus on commercial analysis is of the upmost importance. That’s where you come in.
You will deliver insight that will ensure our Revenue Management team deliver optimal revenue and gross margin performance. You’ll also play a key role in the annual and strategic five year plan process in collaboration with the Commercial Director & Head of Product and help set and measure against KPI targets for the broader business. Analysing data sets and performance data, producing revenue margin and passenger numbers, helping colleagues with data insight at the micro level and reviewing, tracking and analysing the market in terms of trends and competitor activity.
You will bring an analytical background and have a good understanding of commercial issues and business, pricing and yield processes. You will be able to digest detailed and complex information and providing detailed insights from large amounts of data. Monitoring trends and patterns in business performance comes naturally to you too, as does setting and following through on clear targets and objectives for teams. Persuasive and diplomatic, with sound judgement and great negotiating and presentation skills, you work well under pressure and instinctively know when and issue needs escalating.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Play a key role in the annual and strategic 5 year plan process working with the Commercial Director & Head of Product to establish appropriate capacity requirements
- Work with the Commercial Director to set and measure against KPI targets for the Revenue Management group and broader business
- Analyse datasets with a view to highlighting recommended focus areas and targets for the business, setting success criteria and articulating learnings
- Analyse performance data to report on trading performance activities and collate / deliver trading performance updates to the business
- Produce revenue margin and passenger numbers for each of the destinations managed in the assigned markets in line with the agreed plan
- Support the Revenue Managers / Product managers with data insight at the micro level
- Review, track and analyse the market in terms of trends and competitor activity sharing insights with Revenue Managers & Product Managers to ensure the trading plans are optimised
- Co-ordinate the rolling forecast process by product and destination across the commercial team in order to ensure optimal capacity, price, margin mix and challenge commercial assumptions
- Champion and highlight areas where continued business efficiencies exist to improve profit and price points
- Work closely with colleagues in Commercial, Purchasing, the Studio, Marketing and Aviation, Finance
- Own Titans air seat commitment risk and ensure all risk are mitigated through the trading / sales process
- Review of all seat commitments as appropriate to given timescales
- Develop and manage product reporting dashboards that provide insight into booking trends
- Be the team’s go-to person for internal product reporting requirements, both on an ad-hoc and recurring basis
- Collaborate with other Group functions (e.g. Customer Insight and Sales) to share data and insights that can lead to meaningful action
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to provide robust and insightful data in preparation for product negotiations
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- An analytical background with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to digest detailed and complex information and provide detailed insights from large amounts of data
- Proven understanding of pricing and yield processes, commercial issues and business processes
- Highly numerate with the ability to monitor trends and patterns in business performance
- Ability to set and follow through clear targets and objectives to teams
- An understanding of the impact of decisions on the business now and in the future
Education and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills – this role will involve working closely with all departments
- Ability to make decisions with confidence
- Ability when an issue should be escalated
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and through presentation of data in reports
- Persuasion, negotiation, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, diplomacy, tact and sound judgement
The standard benefits when you join Titan include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.