Commercial Excursion Analyst
**Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga, we believe in exceptional experiences every day whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, and collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
…And right now, we are looking for a Commercial Excursion Analyst at an exciting time in Saga’s history. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining the excursion portfolio focusing on its costings, maximising opportunities and revenue.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
Your top 5 responsibilities will be:
- Develop a thorough knowledge and take full responsibility of the excursion portfolio including gap analysis, pricing, set up, sustainability and revenue
- Maximise and grow the potential revenue for excursions year on year
- Assist in developing MI reporting to track performance vs target
- Identify gaps in the Excursion programme and work with the Product Developers to create excellent experiences for our customers, considering where changes can be made to influence itinerary planning to maximise opportunities
- Expand the pre-bookable excursion range across all product areas and develop the customer journey from promotion through to booking
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with or a background in commercial
Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary education/ A level (or equivalent)
- Ability to self-motivate and be flexible when needed
- Previous experience within the Travel Industry
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills including the ability to prioritise workload as needed
- Excellent communications skills
- Good with numbers and excel
- Competent in Microsoft Excel and Teams
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 year's service
AXA Be Supported
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 65 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement. We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50.
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.