Commercial MI Analyst
This role is an important part of the Commercial team who strive to facilitate, help and support the insurance function of the business.
You will be undertaking data analysis on the Motor, Home, Travel and Health products.
You will bring strong data and analytical capabilities coupled with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Responsible for Commercial analysis on insurance products within Motor, Travel, PMI and Home, producing regular dashboards and MI packs
- Responsible for testing Motor and Home insurer net rate changes each month and calculating their financial impact
- Producing scenario-based analysis for potential changes to current pricing, underwriting or product practices and new initiatives
- Attend meetings with underwriters and internal stakeholders, including Marketing, Actuarial, IT and Finance, providing analysis and insight as required
- Responding to requests for insight from third party insurers and communicating the results; responsibility for maintaining healthy insurer partnerships
- Managing any risks or controls delegated to this position as detailed in the relevant risk registers, in line with the business's risk policy
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Competencies Required:
- Strong numerical and analytical capabilities
- Experience performing in-depth data analysis on large datasets using software such as Tableau, SQL and Excel
- Ability to present complex data in an easily accessible way, exploiting charts and other visual tools
- Ability to think laterally about how data analyses can yield insight
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships, both internally and externally with 3rd parties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, with a strong desire to learn and demonstrates enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Team Player
- Dependable and reliable
Additional Advantageous Technical Skills (desirable but not essential):
- Advanced in Excel
- Experience in working with Tableau and/or similar software
- Experience of programming languages such as SQL, VBA and R
- Familiarity with the general insurance market
- Client facing experience
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.