***Hybrid working pattern - This full time role will require some occasional work in either our Folkestone or London office***
Join the Product and Commercial team at an exciting time to help drive the trading performance of both the Motor and Home Insurance products. Working with the Head of Trading and relevant stakeholders, you will play a key part in delivering Saga Services’ Motor and Home Insurance profit and volume growth targets.
This is a fast paced and varied role and will involve forensically reviewing trading results and trends to understand performance, investigating material deviations to plan and identifying opportunities to support volume growth and drive P&L performance.
Capitalising on insights, this exciting role will work cross-functionally to manage the existing trading delivery plans, highlight trading risks and identify opportunities to outperform trading metrics. The role will utilise both new and existing MI, customer insight and market trends to continuously test, develop and enhance the trading performance of SSL whilst ensuring that we deliver exceptional experiences for our customers.
- To monitor and analyse day to day trading performance for the Saga Motor and Home insurance products, closely monitoring product performance against plan targets – identifying root cause of any variance to plan from underlying drivers of performance and assessing the volume/P&L impact.
- Plan, undertake and present product performance analysis with appropriate recommendations to improve product performance and customer satisfaction.
- Assess and analyse market and competitor information to provide valuable insights to help inform tactical and strategic decision making.
- Identify, quantify and execute creative new initiatives which will result in increased volume and/or value for the Motor Insurance P&L.
- Collaborate with the Pricing and Commercial teams to ensure that the panel pricing and revenue strategies support the development of compelling, competitive and profitable propositions.
- Work closely with Marketing Teams to develop customer volume plan and accompanying CPAs targets for both direct and PCW acquisition.
- Develop and manage relevant periodical and ad-hoc MI.
- As part of the wider Product and Commercial team, you will play a key role in maintaining competitive, market-leading products, through product innovation and market knowledge.
- Project manage the development and implementation of product/trading enhancements and innovation through the change programme.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous P&L responsibility in a Financial Services Organisation or General Insurer would be advantageous.
- Highly analytical and numerate – with the ability to identify and evaluate options to drive commercial benefit.
- Good knowledge of general insurance products and practices
- Expert project manager – able to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously including product development process, TCF process & product lifecycle
- Excellent personal communication and presentation skills - good interpersonal skills, particularly across departments.
- Consistently challenges and raises the bar on business and employee performance
- Commercially minded, with a strong-results led focus.
- Demands a passion for the customer and instils a customer centric methodology throughout the organisation.
Share our values
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Remote working available where possible
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
- Workplace Pension
- AXA Be Supported
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.