Conduct Risk Assurance Officer
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Conduct Risk Assurance Officer to join us. In this role, you will support Saga’s ambition to deliver exceptional customer experiences every day through compliance monitoring. You will have ownership of developing and delivering the Annual Assurance Plan for Conduct Risk.
As a team, Conduct Risk enables the business to grow in line with Saga’s purpose and values, whilst upholding the standards and requirements of our regulators, especially the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
You will have an accounting/financial or data background with an ability to interrogate data, re model it and recreated your own tests to determine different outcomes. You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously. Ideally, you will have worked in a regulated business.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Delivering high quality assurance reviews which find conduct-related risks and recommend appropriate mitigating controls
- Producing accurate, timely and high calibre reporting for entity level executive and Board-level governance committees
- Building and managing effective and collaborative relationships with key business stakeholders
- Acting as a centre of excellence in relation to assurance and monitoring practices as well as conduct regulation
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and the FCA’s conduct rules, always acting with integrity and professionalism
The Ideal Candidate
- A knowledge of FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) regulatory requirements and key conduct related priorities
- A background in accounting/finance or data
- Data analysis, statistics, or other data skills such as programming would be an advantage
- Ability to manage a portfolio of work, and to balance the demands of maintaining high quality work and delivering to deadlines
- An understanding of the concepts of risk, controls, and materiality
- An instinct for exceptional customer experiences and spotting any barriers to them
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Has a methodical, analytical, enquiring mind and tenacity, whilst keeping objectivity
- An ability to stakeholder manage at all levels
- Has the highest level of integrity and is always seen to uphold the standards and policies set by the department and the Group
- Keeps sensitive business or department information secure and confidential, without exception
- Possesses drive and determination to develop within the role through increasing technical knowledge and building effective relationships with the business
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 65 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.