Contact Centre Service Delivery Agents
You may not have considered a career with Saga before. But, with new improved salaries, a brilliant pay progression scheme (be earning £25,700 in as little as three years) and some excellent benefits on offer, now’s a great time to join us. Not only will we welcome you with open arms, but we’ll also support and encourage you and fuel your career development opportunities every step of the way through our comprehensive training programme which will show you “How to be” by developing your customer understanding, “What to do” by building your knowledge of our processes and products, and will ensure you are “Ready to go!” with individual feedback at every step of the way.
Dealing effectively with inbound calls regarding a range of insurance products and transactions is what this job is about. A real chance to make the most of your excellent customer service skills in a truly sales focused role, you’ll spend each day identifying and fulfilling a variety of needs, including bringing onboard new customers, retaining existing ones and cross-selling at every opportunity. In short, you’ll provide a high-quality service and prove that nothing is too much trouble for our loyal customers by displaying professionalism and ownership of each call.
A natural people-person with excellent positive-language and problem-solving skills, you’re comfortable working individually and within a team. Someone who can deal with all manner of enquiries empathetically, efficiently, accurately and promptly, you have a flexible approach and lots of initiative too. What’s more, you pride yourself on your high degree of accuracy, even when under pressure. Oh, and you’re keen to be part of our mission to inspire and enable new possibilities for our customers.
We have roles within our Insurance Sales team starting at £18,750 per annum which have structured pay progression programmes in place to reward high performance. All of our roles have a focus on sales and all of them require a flexible approach to shift patterns.
If you can be the person that is target driven, committed to professionalism, and committed to creating value in the customer’s world then we would like to hear from you.
Scroll down and you will find further information about the recruitment process and the steps you will need to take in order to be successful.
- To provide our customers with exemplary service by dealing with all calls efficiently, accurately and promptly
- To contribute proportionately to the Team’s achievements of all KPIs, as set by the Team Manager
- To meet and exceed the quality standards set by the Saga in handling calls and ensure that all promises to our customers are fulfilled
- To provide flexibility in working arrangements to ensure customer demands are satisfied
- To use questioning and listening skills to fulfil customer requirements and needs
- To develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all products and processes
- To be able to deal with difficult situations in an empathetic and professional manner
- To maintain client confidentiality at all times
- To be able to investigate and resolve any customer complaints providing first class customer service
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in working in a customer focusing environment is desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed keyboard and PC skills
- Sales orientated
- Highly motivated and ability to work under own initiative to achieve results
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be flexible, to accommodate business needs and requirements
Our contact centre opening hours are 8 am-8 pm Monday to Friday and 8:30 am-5 pm Saturday and Sunday, and successful candidates would be expected to work on a rotational shift pattern spread across these hours. So please bear this in mind before making your application.
Before you make the decision to apply please take the time to read through the following steps. It will help you with your application.
1. Read the advert in its entirety and take a look at www.saga.co.uk/careers to learn more about the business before applying
2. Click on the 'Apply' button to make your application. You will need to create a profile with your email address and a copy of your CV. If you have been referred for the role then be sure to follow the link in the email you would have received. If not, then continue as normal
3. When you submit your CV please make sure you have provided a quality document that showcases everything that is great about you
4. You will be asked some basic questions with your application and you will need to process through to the 'Submit Your Application' button for your application to be registered
5. In order to work for Saga you will need to have a proof of right to work, this could be a Passport or a Full Birth Certificate. You will also need a proof of address such as a Driving Licence or a recent Bank or Building Society Statement. We recommend getting this information together early to avoid any delays at a later stage
6. If your initial application has made it through the screening process, we will contact you to book in a telephone interview. You will need to select a time and date that is suitable and then be available to conduct a formal telephone interview at the time you select. Please don't book a time if you are not able to commit as it will take an opportunity from another candidate
7. During your telephone interview, we will ask you about your motivation to work for Saga and we will learn more about your approach to customer services and sales. This really is your time to shine so the preparation you did when looking at the Saga website will help you here
8. If your telephone interview goes well, we will ask you to complete an online assessment where you will undertake a couple of tests for 'Attention to Detail', 'Team Work' and 'Data Entry' as well as a 'Personality Profile'. Together they take no longer than 25 minutes and you will need to complete them before being progressed to the next stage
9. If you are successful after the telephone interview and online assessment stage, we will invite you in to meet the team at the next available assessment centre. This is a formal session where we will get to know you and you will get to know us to make sure that this is the right role and company for you. Please don't confirm a time if you are not able to commit as it will take an opportunity from another candidate
10. At the assessment centre, you will get the opportunity to observe the live working environment and really see what happens in the role. You will also have an interview and learn about call handling and dealing with customers
11. If you are successful at this stage, we will let you know quickly and then begin the vetting process. We need to carry out checks for any criminal or financial irregularities before you can join us, and you will need to complete some online forms. Don't worry though, we will talk you through this in detail and offer any advice and help along the way
12. Once all the checks are complete, we will let you know when the next induction date is available and prepare your contract
That all sounds like a lot but it doesn't take too long, and we know that you wouldn't want to work for a company that doesn't recruit the best people
If you do need any support at any stage the Recruitment Team are on hand to offer help and advice so please reach out to them on email@example.com
Working with the film and media students from Folkestone College, we have created a couple of short films that may help you with your application:
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- Saga Social Club
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.