** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Copywriter to join us. In this role, you will use your passion for travel to write engaging content about destinations around the world to help our customers make decisions about their holidays.
You will have experience of writing travel content across brochure, digital and email and an ability to work to regular deadlines. You will bring an interest in research and a methodical and meticulous approach to work.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Be a point of contact for all content-related aspects of Saga Travel products, working closely and collaboratively with Production, Design, Product, Marketing, and Digital teams
- Attend new product briefs, and translate these into appealing copy, delivered within set deadlines and in line with Saga’s copy guidelines and standards
- Research, write, edit, and amend product and destination content within the CMS (Content Management System), ensuring copy fits within the Saga style and is regularly reviewed
- Consult with the team on the status of campaigns, where deadlines may be challenging and/or support is needed
- Be willing to undertake ad hoc projects, as requested by the business
The Ideal Candidate
- An ability to write across brochure, digital and email
- A commercial understanding of how best to market products
- Background within the travel industry
- Knowledge of different customer-facing channels and systems
- A Level or equivalent in English or relevant experience
- An ability to meet deadlines to the required standards
- Passionate about writing compelling marketing copy for travel
- Strong attention to detail
- Zealous approach to ensuring that our Travel products are kept up to date, on-brand and consistent across all channels
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 65 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.