Creative Services Manager
** Remote/home working allowed **
With market-leading, innovative insurance, and financial products the transformation of our business makes the Saga Group an extremely exciting place to be for our 70th anniversary this year.
…And right now, we are looking for a Creative Services Manager to join us. Within Marketing we strive for simple, enduring ideas that are rooted in real human truths, and executed with brilliant craft.
We are currently undergoing a key transformation as a business and how (and what), we communicate plays a big role within this transformation.
In this role, you will focus on 4 key areas which are: provide a dramatic change in how (and what) we produce creatively including. copy, digital, creative, dev and customer targeting, enable better processes that see specialists have the right briefs and subsequently deliver the right output, drive ongoing efficiencies within key delivery teams (Creative, Customer Targeting, Copy and Front-End Dev), be a key player in shaping a target operating model that our competitors will be envious of, an unrivalled internal Creative Services solution.
Acting on compelling insight/s, underpinned by best-in-class Digital and Data capabilities, our desire to step-change our internal Creative Services has never been stronger.
You will have experience with integrated advertising campaigns across multiple media channels, digital and marketing touchpoints, and the ability to demonstrate creative impact on the brand and business performance. You will bring a passion for digital technologies and an ability to present to and challenge marketing stakeholders in a matrix organisation.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
- Developing and deliver innovative creative across all marketing activities, programmes, and initiatives in support of Marketing and/or Trading gain
- Execute marketing briefs from conception to production, visualising and creating graphics including Illustrations, logos, layouts, and photography
- Demonstrate understanding of consumer insight/s that can help drive creative ideation and solutions – and how this might change throughout a calendar year or when seasonality is a factor
- Daily management of projects and campaign handling
- Reporting on campaign, programme, initiatives and/or project status, workloads, and capacity
- Providing timely communication between relevant Marketing departments including Digital, Customer, Planning and Operations
- Managing daily schedules and new requests (via ticketing platform/s)
- Overseeing Creative Community resources and assisting with the management of freelance resource where required for overflow purposes
- Analysing campaign data, insights and PCAs where Marketing Services can utilise insight for operational and/or output change/s
- Hold regular production meetings and status updates
- Leading and co-ordinating campaigns from initial stages through to delivery
- Ensuring the Production stages e.g., Briefing, Response to Brief and Asset Delivery are met according to brief, budget, resource, and deadline deliverables
- Monitoring current traffic, production and resourcing processes and inputting ideas on how to improve current practices where required
- Managing campaign resources and updating key stakeholders on requirements and supply
- Working across multiple projects and ensuring all parties are informed of progress and problems
- Building effective relationships with key departments and stakeholders, particularly those within matrix-managed teams and/or initiatives
- Continuously keep abreast of creative and market trends to develop creative rationale, concepts and visuals that adhere to our brand
- A passion for creating stunning visuals which meet the creative brief and help to deliver amazing response and brand engagement
- A good understanding of print and packaging, artwork preparation for print and digital + nuances with Digital Production and media asset supply processes
The position reports to the Head of Marketing Planning and Operations but will be required to work closely with others within our wider Marketing Community as well as work within a matrix fashion supporting both the Director of Marketing, Services and Personal Finance plus the other Heads of within the Marketing division as and when required (both within SSL & SPF + Group).
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with integrated advertising campaigns across multiple media channels, digital and marketing touchpoints, and the ability to demonstrate creative impact on the brand and business performance
- Experience presenting to and challenging Marketing stakeholders
- Excellent personal communication and able to come across as a professional, credible, respected representative of Saga
- Passion for media, web, and digital technologies
- Passionate about core capabilities and marketing best practice e.g., use of copy platforms, creative and communication constructions, and principles of direct response
- A creative flair that relishes working in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple project deliverables
- Solid people management (including non-owned technical management and training) and communication skills plus, strong resourcing skills
- Possession of great organisational competencies and able to manage the creative process from start to finish
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and within cross-functional teams
- Sound creative judgement across Brand, Direct Response and Engagement
- Ability to use insights to drive greater connection with consumers
- Well organised and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines plus strong time management
- Demonstrable creative production, traffic management and/or campaign-led co-ordination experience either within a Marketing Agency, in-house Marketing Agency and/or Client-side Studio specific role
- Proven project and creative community management experience
- Resourcing experience with high volume traffic projects
- Solid knowledge of digital media e.g., Google AdWords, advertising e.g., TV and offline e.g., DM production (inc. repro) requirements and processes
- Adept at briefing Creative Communities, including integrated teams (both internal plus internal + external agency/s) teams, and reporting back to key stakeholders
- Creative, Digital, Marketing and/or Marketing Technology-led degree, A-Levels, or equivalent qualifications and/or experience desired
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative design packages
- Naturally curious and creative individual; able to think around problems
- High levels of drive, enthusiasm, and energy
- Consistently challenges and raises the bar on creative output
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
Give as you earn
Free eye tests
Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
We want all our candidates to have the best possible chance of doing well during our recruitment process so we have created some videos which will help with your CV:
And some helpful tips should you be invited to interview:
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.