Cruise Guest Service Advisor
Are you a confident yet friendly person? Do you have a great telephone manner and real determination to succeed at whatever you do? Are you looking for a challenging role within a team environment? Then we have the ideal opportunity for you!
We’re Saga the UK leading provider of holidays, financial services and healthcare products, as well a hugely successful subscription magazine all designed for the over 50’s.
Our worldwide holidays include some incredible destinations, each offering memorable experiences and fantastic value. But, our first thought is always the customer and we hope it is yours too.
We are looking for Cruise Guest Service Advisors to provide a five-star service to our cruise guests with a unique and tailored experience where every interaction will provide them with the positive and continuing service that exceeds their expectations.
You will help to ensure our guests have a smooth pre-departure journey by using multi-channels to communicate with them to fulfil their requirements as well as updating them on key information.
What you will need to bring is a methodical, yet flexible approach, great listening, learning and multiple-tasking skills. You will have the ability to connect with everyone you deal with and have lots of enthusiasm and passion in wanting to help our guests at every stage of their journey.
Scroll down where you will find further information about the recruitment process and what steps you will need to take to be successful.
Provide guests with a five star service prior to departure and beyond.
Day to day guest booking queries.
Dealing with balance payments.
Booking and assisting with Shore Excursion queries.
Fulfilling requests by working alongside the Guest Experience Executive and updating guests through different mutli-channels such as email and text.
Liaising with the car team and updating Guests with pick up times.
Keeping guests updated with additional services available to them such as when Cruises become all inclusive.
Assisting with cancellations and amendments of Cruises.
Welcoming guests home and helping them with their future Cruising plans by working alongside the Sales team.
To recognise and provide feedback on improvements that can be made to our Guest's journeys.
To be able to investigate and resolve any customer complaints whilst demonstrating a “nothing is too much trouble” attitude.
To be flexible in working arrangements to ensure guest demands and business needs are met.
To support the delivery of the Saga Brand Values through every customer contact.
To provide an exemplary level of customer service whilst ensuring that all promises made to our guests are fulfilled.
The Ideal Candidate
Good standard of secondary education.
Exceptional verbal communication skills.
A reasonable level of computer skills.
Ability to manage customers’ expectations to a high level.
Great time management.
Customer Service experience.
Able to work to a high degree of accuracy, often under pressure.
A great listener.
Adaptability - take on more than one task at a time.
Patience & attentiveness.
Successful candidates will need to be able to commit to rolling shift patterns which can include weekends and evenings so please bear this in mind before making your application.
Before you decide to apply please take the time to read through the following steps. It will help you with your application.
- Read the advert in its entirety and take a look at www.saga.co.uk/careers to learn more about the business before applying
- Click on the 'Apply' button to make your application. You will need to create a profile with your email address and a copy of your CV. If you have been referred for the role then be sure to follow the link in the email you would have received. If not then continue as normal
- When you submit your CV please make sure you have provided a quality document that showcases everything great about you
- You will be asked some basic questions with your application and you will need to process through to the 'Submit Your Application' button for your application to be registered
- To work for Saga you will need to have a proof of right to work, this could be a Passport or a Full Birth Certificate. You will also need a proof of address such as a Driving Licence or a recent Bank or Building Society Statement. We recommend getting this information together early to avoid any delays at a later stage
- If your initial application has made it through the screening process we will contact you to book in a telephone interview. You will need to select a time and date that is suitable and then be available to conduct a formal telephone interview at the time you select. Please don't book a time if you are not able to commit as it will take an opportunity from another candidate
- During your telephone interview, we will ask you about your motivation to work for Saga, and we will learn more about your approach to customer services and sales. This is your time to shine so the preparation you did when looking at the Saga website will help you here
- If your telephone interview goes well we will ask you to complete an online assessment where you will undertake a couple of tests for 'Attention to Detail', 'Team Work' and 'Data Entry' as well as a 'Personality Profile'. Together they take no longer than 25 minutes and you will need to complete them before being progressed to the next stage
- If you are successful after the telephone interview and online assessment stage we will invite you in to meet the team at the next available assessment centre. This is a formal session where we will get to know you and you will get to know us to make sure that this is the right role and company for you. Please don't confirm a time if you are not able to commit as it will take an opportunity from another candidate
- At the assessment centre, you will get the opportunity to observe the live working environment and really see what happens in the role. You will also have an interview and learn about call handling and dealing with customers
- If you are successful at this stage we will let you know quickly and then begin the vetting process. We need to carry out checks for any criminal or financial irregularities before you can join us and you will need to complete some online forms. Don't worry though, we will talk you through this in detail and offer any advice and help along the way
- Once all the checks are complete we will let you know when the next induction date is available and prepare your contract
- That all sounds like a lot but it doesn't take too long and we know that you wouldn't want to work for a company that doesn't recruit the best people
If you do need any support at any stage the Recruitment Team are on hand to offer help and advice so please reach out to them on firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with the film and media students from Folkestone College, we have created a couple of short films that may help you with your application:
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- Saga Social Club
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.