Cruise Product Executive (Fixed Term Contract)
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities
This role is an important part of the Product & Purchasing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the travel function of the business.
To ensure the efficient operation of all Saga holidays/ cruise and demonstrate an expert understanding of Saga process and procedures.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
Please note, this is fixed term contract December 2019.
- To give the Product and Purchasing Manager full support.
- To liaise with Air Purchasing Managers for required product information to enable operation of the product. To question and ensure that the information is complete for purpose.
- To answer queries and improve communication from internal and external suppliers.
- To build excellent supplier relationships and ensure that they receive an excellent “one-stop shop” service.
- To administer all operational aspects of the ground/ cruise contracts.
- To attend and take a proactive role in the resolution of all significant incidents/ operational issues, communicating any necessary information to other relevant parties.
- Working awareness of other team members’ products in order to assist with queries in their absence.
- Develop a close relationship with many areas of the business in dealing with the supplier aspects of operational situations.
- To develop and maintain an overarching awareness of marketing materials which may be impacted by operational issues and decisions – to communicate these to Content in a timely and detailed manner.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of designated products in order to make valued decisions regarding the product operation and the impact of any effect that an unforeseeable change may have on the running of the holiday.
- To take part in project work to ensure ongoing process improvements within your team.
- To proactively challenge any attempted refusal to accept bookings and requests to Stop Sales from suppliers, escalating to the Contracting / Market Performance team if necessary.
- To action all non-customer facing aspects of moves and changes.
- To check TMOIs for existing product.
- Manage HIC for your product area.
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of the Travel business would be an advantage
Qualifications and Educations:
- Good standard of secondary education/ A level (or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Taurus, Word, Excel.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good general PC and keyboard skills
- Persuasion, negotiation, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Initiative, diplomacy, tact and sound judgement
- A constructive approach to solving problems
- Self-motivated approach to work.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.