** Remote/home working allowed **
With a hybrid approach requiring some days in our Folkestone office. You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance from Folkestone to undertake this role.
Is helping customers and making a difference for them a passion of yours?
Are you a great listener and communicator, who can identify and resolve customers’ needs in a professional and empathetic way?
Are you committed to making every interaction count?
If you are, and delivering exceptional experience is your thing, keep reading!
As an already market-leading, innovative insurance company; our goal is to make it count, making do will never do! Here at Saga, in our 70th year, we continue our transformational journey to become a market leader in delivering the exceptional for our customers and colleagues and we want exceptional people like you, to join our team.
Come and do the best work of your life alongside our amazing colleagues, our people are everything to us. We bring the best people together and enable them to be better every day. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done.
The role is telephone-based via the internet and involves interacting with our loyal customers on a daily basis about their insurance claims. In this role, you will have the opportunity to positively impact customer’s lives and make a real difference.
This is a permanent, full-time position and as investors in people, we are looking for those that are genuinely interested in starting a long-term career with Saga. Many of our senior leaders started in this position and our current agents describe the role as one with good career and personal development opportunities.
Our Claims contact centre opening hours are 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm Saturday and shifts will be 37.5hrs per week within these hours.
If this sounds like you, what are you waiting for? Come and start your career at Saga!
Interviews are taking place weekly up to 11th October for an 18th October start.
There is more to read below. If you want a quick overview of the role and how our colleagues work with empathy and collaboration, then click on the video below as Sophie Chapman from the team tells you all about First Notification of Loss.
There is more to read below. If you want a quick overview of the role and how our colleagues work with empathy and collaboration then click on the video below as Sophie Chapman from the team tells you all about First Notification of Loss.
- To provide our customers with exemplary service by dealing with all calls efficiently, accurately, and promptly
- To contribute proportionately to the Team’s achievements of all KPIs, as set by the Team Manager
- To meet and exceed the quality standards set by Saga in handling calls and ensure that all promises to our customers are fulfilled
- To give flexibility in working arrangements to ensure customer demands are satisfied
- To use questioning and listening skills to fulfil customer requirements and needs
- To develop and keep a thorough understanding of all products and processes
- To be able to deal with demanding situations in an empathetic and professional manner
- To keep client confidentiality always
- To be able to investigate and resolve any customer complaints delivering first-class customer service
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for new colleagues who share our values and have the right skills in the following areas:
- Precision pace whilst working in a busy, fast-paced customer service environment
- Empathy and taking ownership of the customer’s journey, going above and beyond for each customer, and overcoming and finding solutions to their queries and complaints should they arise
- Curiosity and ability to use their experience and knowledge for influencing and negotiating
- Collaboration to succeed in working to demanding targets, KPIs and deadlines whilst remaining self-motivated and driven
- Digital skills and able to articulate strengths in using typical technologies for work such as laptops and Microsoft Office.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The fun facts – our colleagues play the most important part in creating exceptional experiences for our customers every day. It is their empathy, collaboration, and drive to succeed for our customers that make them the best at what they do. We offer them a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Starting salary of £19,316
- Rapid promotion potential with pay increases in basic salary and monthly commission
- The ability to work from anywhere in Kent and East Sussex with our work-from-home tech capabilities
- Dress for your day dress code policy - basically casual dress!
- An enhanced holiday allowance – 28 days holiday including all bank holidays increasing to 33 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) from 1 January 2022
- Paid volunteer days
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
- Workplace Pension
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and support including Unmind and AXA Be Supported
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products which extend to your family
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Team centred comprehensive training with opportunities to gain new skills and experience
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high-quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the Saga Talent Acquisition Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.