** Remote/home working allowed **
With a hybrid approach requiring some days in our Folkestone office. You will need to be within a reasonable commuting distance from Folkestone to undertake this role.
Is helping customers and making a difference for them a passion of yours?
Are you a great listener and communicator, who can identify and resolve customers’ needs in a professional and empathetic way?
Are you committed to making every interaction count?
If you are, and delivering exceptional experience is your thing, keep reading!
As an already market-leading, innovative insurance company; our goal is to make it count, making do will never do! Here at Saga, in our 70th year, we continue our transformational journey to become a market leader in delivering the exceptional for our customers and colleagues and we want exceptional people like you, to join our team.
Come and do the best work of your life alongside our amazing colleagues, our people are everything to us. We bring the best people together and enable them to be better every day. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done.
Dealing effectively with incoming calls about a range of insurance products and transactions is what this job is about. A real chance to make the most of your excellent customer service skills in a truly customer-focused role, you will spend each day finding and fulfilling a variety of needs, including bringing onboard new customers, keeping existing ones, and promoting other fantastic Saga products at every opportunity.
In short, you will deliver high-quality service and create exceptional experiences for our loyal customers by displaying professionalism and ownership of each call.
A natural people-person with a ‘Say Yes’ approach and excellent problem-solving skills, you are comfortable working individually and within a team. Someone who can deal with all manner of enquiries empathetically, collaboratively, and with precision pace, you have a flexible approach and lots of initiative too. What is more, you pride yourself on your high degree of accuracy, even when under pressure. Oh, and you have the curiosity to see how you can be part of our mission to create exceptional experiences every day!
We have roles within our Insurance team starting at £19,821 per annum. We also offer fantastic pay progression, a monthly reward scheme and other excellent benefits, it’s a great time to join us.
All our roles put the customer at the heart of what we do, if you can be the person that is target-driven, committed to professionalism, and committed to creating value in the customer’s world then we would like to hear from you.
To provide our customers with exemplary service by dealing with all calls efficiently, accurately, and promptly
To contribute proportionately to the Team’s achievements of all KPIs, as set by the Team Manager
To meet and exceed the quality standards set by Saga in handling calls and ensure that all promises to our customers are fulfilled
To give flexibility in working arrangements to ensure customer demands are satisfied
To use questioning and listening skills to fulfill customer requirements and needs
To develop and keep a thorough understanding of all products and processes
To be able to deal with demanding situations in an empathetic and professional manner
To keep client confidentiality always
To be able to investigate and resolve any customer complaints delivering first-class customer service
Our contact centre opening hours are 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm Saturday and 9am - 5pm on a Sunday. You will be required to work shift patterns that fall within these hours.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for new colleagues who share our values and have the right skills in the following areas:
- Precision pace whilst working in a busy, fast-paced customer service environment with an emphasis on sales
- Empathy and taking ownership of the customer’s journey, going above and beyond for each customer, and overcoming and finding solutions to their queries and complaints should they arise
- Curiosity and ability to use their experience and knowledge for influencing and negotiating
- Collaboration to succeed in working to demanding targets, KPIs and deadlines whilst remaining self-motivated and driven
- Digital skills and able to articulate strengths in using typical technologies for work such as laptops and Microsoft Office.
You will need to be able to work from home and come into the Folkestone office as this role is a remote office hybrid role.
Our values are:
- Warm and welcoming in every interaction
- Listens and asks questions to understand the needs of both customers and colleagues
- Understands how others feel and responds appropriately, recognising the occasions to go ‘above and beyond’
- Builds trust-based relationships
- Develops a network of relationships to find solutions and generate new ideas
- Contributes to an inclusive environment – embraces and encourages differences of opinion
- Supports other colleagues by sharing knowledge and skills
- Listens and communicates well with a variety of diverse audiences and situations
- Takes responsibility for making things happen and acts quickly when problems are identified
- Effectively juggles priorities and workload
- Focuses on what will add value
- Raises the bar on personal performance through seeking feedback and investing in own development
- Identifies ways to keep their business and technical knowledge up to date
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems
- Contributes ideas and asks questions at team meetings
- Keeps their thinking flexible and adapts as required
The fun facts – our colleagues play the most important part in creating exceptional experiences for our customers every day. It is their empathy, collaboration, and drive to succeed for our customers that make them the best at what they do. We offer them a competitive salary and benefits, including:
- Starting salary of £19,821 plus commission
- Salary rises as you become Competent, £20,892, through to Skilled, £23,035, and on to Mastery, £24,462. This is achieved by consistent demonstration of values, commitment to ongoing learning, and meeting key targets along the way.
- Dress for your day dress code policy - basically casual dress!
- An enhanced holiday allowance – 28 days holiday including all bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase an additional 5 days holiday each year, rising to 33 days including bank holidays from Jan 1st, 2022.
- Paid volunteer days
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
- Generous Workplace Pension
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and support including Unmind and AXA Be Supported
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products which extend to your family
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups, and entertainment companies
- Team centered comprehensive training with opportunities to gain new skills and experience
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products that meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high-quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine, and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.