Customer Relations Executive
At Saga, our people are our business. Within our travel and cruise businesses we believe that if you are going to do it, do it properly. That is why we offer opportunities that match our vision, to inspire and enable possibilities.
This role is an important part of the Customer Relations team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Saga Holidays function of the business.
You will be responding to customer complaints received in the department within 14 days, this will primarily be responding by phone although where appropriate a letter may be needed. As well as, investigating and gathering information in order to resolve customer complaints; ensuring all relevant information has been obtained and completed prior to response or referral. Ownership of the customers' complaint is key in this role to ensure that their needs are understood and met, thereby resolving complaints first time.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- To provide our customers with exemplary service by dealing with all complaints sympathetically, efficiently, accurately and promptly
- To ensure that all promises to customers are fulfilled
- To ensure accurate and timely distribution of letters and documents to customers
- To achieve quantitative and qualitative targets as set by their line manager
- To investigate and provide recommendations for improved product/business/operational processes
- To possess a good understanding of the Saga brand so all customer interactions are appropriately positioned
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Customer services experience essential
- Knowledge of Saga and products would be beneficial
- Developed keyboard and PC skills
- Must have an eye for detail
- Should be methodical and able to work in ordered fashion
- Must be able to work to tight timescales
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
- Excellent time management skills, communication skills and telephone manner
- Clear and concise letter writing skills
- Strong customer service ethos
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy, often under pressure
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Able to adapt approach to respond to customers via their preferred channel (including social media)
- Empathy with customers combined with commercial awareness
- Must be a able to work within a close team
Education and Qualifications:
- Good general standard of education
- English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Excellent attitude towards work commitments with respect for other team members and ability to flex as required
- Willing to learn new processes and techniques
- Keen sense of fairness and equity
- Tenacious, cheerful, empathetic and helpful
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc Interim results for the six months ended 31st July 2018
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.