Customer Service Executive
Here at Titan Travel, we’re fiercely passionate about providing customers with fantastic holidays. Part of the Saga Group, we take our customers to some of the world’s most exciting destinations, from Kathmandu to New England and Buenos Aires to Alaska, where travellers have access to once in a lifetime experiences and can create memories they can treasure forever.
This role is an important part of the Customer Service team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Titan Travel business.
You will be speaking to customers on the phone to resolve their complaints, whilst having a commercial awareness of the compensation being offered. Treating every one of our customers as individuals, you will develop your own style and manner to go that extra mile to ensuring their experience is second to none.
You will be tenacious and a customer driven individual who enjoys using your own passion about travel and customer service to rectify, resolve and retain our customers business. At times you will need to keep calm and composed when dealing with a customer who may be slightly upset following a disappointing holiday experience.
We’re looking for someone to join our existing team, who has a keen eye for detail, who can recognize when there are reoccurring issues and then have confidence to challenge others around the business to deliver the best customer experience.
And in return, we offer excellent opportunities for career development, with great working hours that encourage a work life balance plus you’ll be part of a fun and friendly team. Plus, you’ll receive a wide range of discounts on holidays, flights and more for yourself, family and friends!
- Respond and resolve client complaints registered with the Customer Service Team post travel
- Develop a good knowledge of the tours allocated, company processes and procedures, brochure content, Booking Conditions and appropriate codes and legislation reflected in Booking Conditions
- Ensure any investigations are instigated and reports received in good time to enable a prompt response to clients within the ABTA Code of Conduct
- Respond by call or if necessary by writing to all correspondence received from clients after they have travelled, agreeing appropriate levels of compensation
- Should any outstanding letters require an urgent response, to be flexible in the hours being worked and assist other team members as required
- Answer any phone calls received from clients in an appropriate and sensitive manner, listening to problems or complaints and addressing any issues
- Take shared responsibility for the team’s administration tasks
- Accurately document all necessary information into the Charter system for every case
- Attend monthly Customer Services meetings to discuss any issues or improvements within the Customer Service area and the wider business
- Monitor complaints trends and record them drawing these to the attention of the relevant teams to effect improvements on tours and holidays
- Liaise and cultivate relationships with other departments within the company, and suppliers. Obtain reports and, where appropriate, secure repayments from suppliers
- Assist other departments in obtaining information from client feedback by producing reports as required, or ensuring others are confident in using reporting systems for themselves
- Using the tools available to the Customer Service Team, review customer feedback and online tools to collate feedback and challenge the business There will be quality project work to complete, which should be done in a professional manner
- Be flexible to assist other areas of the department or business if requested
- Adopt a flexible, enthusiastic and driven approach to achieving the financial goals of the business.
- Contribute to maintaining a high level of housekeeping to create a healthy and safe working environment.
- Willingly carry out any other duties deemed appropriate by the Company in line with the company Employee Handbook
- Supporting the Crisis Team Relative Response team, when necessary
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Good knowledge of products, services and brochures
- Understanding of the Booking Conditions and ABTA Code of Conduct is preferred
- Team player
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Confident telephone manner
- A can do approach
- Confident in handling complaints over the phone
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Assertive, customer focussed
- We are looking for a driven, flexible and driven person to work within our Customer Service team
- Striving for excellence and keeping the client happy
- Maintaining a detailed on the commercial needs of the business to ensure maximum satisfaction for the client with the least cost to Titan
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Ability to challenge other areas of the business, to ensure we get things right for the customer
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.