Data Analyst (People Analytics) - 6 month fixed term
** At Saga we’re radically flexible which means our colleagues have total autonomy over where they work – home, hybrid or hub. This role has a hybrid element which means our team come together when we need to collaborate.
We are looking for a Data Analyst within our People team who will play a critical role in helping leaders make better people decisions, through the science of advanced analytics and the art of communicating actionable insights.
You will take a leading role in building dashboards in Tableau as well as supporting with standard reporting and analytical requests from the business.
The right candidate will be a curious self-starter who has a hunger to learn and grow. You will be a critical and analytical thinker with a passion for discovering patterns and solutions hidden in large data sets, as well as highly enthusiastic in using your expertise to deliver our People Analytics strategy and overall People Strategy. We are looking for someone who will continuously push the boundaries to accelerate our maturity in the field of People Analytics, striving towards world-class capability and output.
- Building well-designed, user-friendly manager dashboards in Tableau for key people metrics, and supporting the business to help embed these by promoting self-serve and self-discovery of insight.
- Seek to understand people-related business challenges and help frame these into hypotheses and requirements.
- Gather and manipulate disparate internal and external data sources (including exploring external research) to discover actionable, data driven interventions.
- Design beautifully simple and insightful data visualisations to communicate the “so what?”
- Help business leaders understand and act on critical people issues underpinned by data.
- Supporting on standard monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Support in ad hoc analysis whilst driving for process improvement e.g. report automation, improving colleague experience.
- Ensuring compliance with data privacy and GDPR.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience with manipulation of large data sets (structure and unstructured), including data extraction, cleansing, manipulating, and analysis.
- Experience in designing, building, and publishing dashboards in Tableau.
- Experience in working with stakeholders to understand key challenges, framing hypotheses and gathering requirements.
- Reporting and dashboard building
- Advanced Tableau, excel and analysis
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate information clearly and confidently, adapting this based on the audience
- Data storytelling.
- Stakeholder management skills, including the ability to build relationships, influence and challenge
- Commercial awareness including bringing external insights and research into internal analysis and discussions.
Our Saga Values:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the Talent Acquisition Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Any engagement with employees or provision of CVs to employees within Saga where you have not engaged with the Talent Acquisition Team will be considered speculative and Saga will not be responsible for any fees related to CVs received in this unsolicited manner.