Data Governance Analyst
Saga exists to help our customers lead the life they want to lead and to enable and inspire new possibilities. These are exciting times as the Company is refocusing its strategy to return to its heritage as a direct to consumer brand, with Membership at its core
...And right now, we are looking for a Data Governance Analyst to work within our Data Governance Team and being a part of our wider Group Data department. As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products, and creating thousands of unforgettable memories for our loyal holidaymakers who are at the heart of the Saga brand.
You will be reporting into the Data Assurance Lead, and will use coding skills, knowledge and experience to resolve front line data quality issues. You will be responsible for proactively finding and solving problems with our data, and will work closely with colleagues in IT, especially CHUB and source systems to resolve data quality and governance issues. This is a fantastic time to join our Group Data Team as they embrace new topflight technology and work together to define and implement a programme of data quality!
So if you are enthusiastic, inspirational, committed and want to join this dedicated team, then we want to hear from you!
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Day to day management of Aperture tool
- Proactively investigate data issues, recommend remedial fixes, testing and reporting on success Support Data Assurance
- Help define and implement a programme of data quality improvements to ensure consistency, accuracy and compliance
- Generating metrics associated with governance and quality assurance to ensure adherence to policies and report findings
- Build regular data quality monitoring audits to detect & report issues in key systems and demonstrate alignment & accuracy
- Work with other Commercial, Data & Pricing teams to share data and findings
- Help optimise processes, for example, automation of existing manual processes
- Following our Governance and Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Continually looking for innovative ways to make improvements based on the latest trends and research
- Networking to stay connected with business trends and changes
- Effectively managing stakeholders and external providers
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong programming skills
- Experience writing SQL in a technical data quality related function
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good communication and technical presentation skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent technical abilities
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Pro-active, and focused on business objectives
- Able to work under pressure through planning and prioritising to tight deadlines.
- Able to work in a flexible and agile environment
- Methodical and structured way of thinking and troubleshooting problems
- Team player and can quickly build relationships
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.