**Remote/home working allowed **
Our people are everything to us. The way they deliver exceptional experiences every day for our customers, for their colleagues. The way they own what they do. Their 'Why's it like that?' curiosity. How they always think of others and work together to get things done. For us, for you, make do will never do. Good enough? Not even close. Come and do the best work of your life alongside lovely colleagues. Come to Saga.
And right now, we are lookingfora Data Protection Officer towork inourRisk departmentat an exciting time in Sagas history.As a Group, Saga is taking to the seas in our brand new, luxury cruise ships, leading the market with innovative insurance and financial products.
You will be responsible for leading the Saga Groups compliance with data protection legislation and provide expert advice and guidance on the Data Protection Act 2018, General Data Protection Regulation, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation and the E-Privacy Regulation. To set, oversee and maintain compliance standards for all Group companies in accordance with recommended best practice.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
So,ifthis is of interest to you then we would be keen to hear from you!
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
- Creating, maintaining, and implementing data protection policies and procedures for all colleagues; including general policy, marketing (including approach to consent and legitimate interest), personal data breach management, data retention, right to be Forgotten and Subject Access Requests.
- Leading a gap analysis against the Information Commissioners Offices Accountability Framework and implementing Sagas Data Protection framework, creating a culture of best practice.
- Preparing and delivering Group-wide training on data protection compliance and providing tailored training on specific topics to relevant business divisions (adopting a risk-based approach). Identifying gaps in training and leading on promoting a consistent approach to data protection across the Group.
- Providing advice and guidance on the statutory requirements of relevant data protection legislation to be included in contracts and data sharing agreements. Assisting in negotiations with third party suppliers and / or partners in relation to data protection clauses and indemnities.
- Establishing a network of Data Protection Champions across the Group and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Carrying out Data Protection Impact Assessments to the standards set by the Information Commissioners Office to ensure data protection is considered in all projects involving personal data.
- Promoting a privacy by design culture ensuring data protection remains a high priority for the Group.
- Providing advice on projects, programmes and data sharing and maintain an internal register of Personal Data Processing projects and systems.
- Overseeing a log of all Data Protection incidents/breaches. Undertaking investigations of each reported and provide advice and guidance on remedial action where necessary. Reporting to the ICO where deemed necessary.
- Contributing to the Data Governance Forum (which reports into the Executive Leadership Risk Committee). Attending subsidiary and Saga plc Board and committees by invitation.
- Leading on Information Commissioners complaints as well as helping with the resolution of complaints from customers and colleagues.
- Overseeing and providing advice on Right to be Forgotten, Subject Access Requests and other individual rights requests.
- Conducting frequent audits across the Group, identifying any gaps in compliance or potential risks, and advising on remedial action.
- Overseeing the notification of all Group Companies Personal Data Processing registration with The Information Commissioner. Monitoring and reviewing the organisations notification(s).
- Keeping up to date with relevant developments, identifying significant trends and any upcoming changes to legislation or regulation.
- Acting as the primary contact for all strategic and insurance/regulated businesses matters relating to data and the impact on customers and colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally ISEB (Information Systems Examination Board) Certificate or Data Protection Solicitor.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Listed company and regulated entity experience preferable.
- Commercial approach.
- Ability to provide succinct advice in plain English (no need to showcase skills).
- Can work independently and at precision pace.
- Resilient, with high level organisational skills.
- Confidence to independently challenge and be assertive where necessary.
- Highest standards of professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High quality written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to draft formal documentation and exercise independent judgement.
- Being a self-starter and able to work independently and without supervision.
- Using own initiative in prioritising workload.
- Ability to influence and build strong working relationships at all levels.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace- Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy Always aware of others.
- Curiosity Always asking why.
- Collaboration Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice tobuya further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance andthe Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.