Data Quality Lead
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential. Our people are our future leaders and brand ambassadors. Talent development and succession planning plays a key part in the Saga 2020 vision as we enable the growth of our colleagues as we move toward our 70th anniversary year in 2021..
…And right now, we are looking for a committed leader to take the helm of our Data Governance Team while they resolve front line data quality issues. The Data Assurance Lead is a key role within the Group Data Department, managing an operational team of Analysts to resolve front line data quality issues; you will be responsible for finding and solving problems with our data. You will work closely with a network of data stewards to define and implement improvements to data quality processes and promote a strong data governance culture.
If you can contribute to enhance the customer experience, accelerate the transformation of our business and you are the enthusiastic, inspirational, committed and supportive leader we are looking for then we want to hear from you!
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- Ownership of Aperture data quality management tool
- Oversee, define and implement a programme of data quality improvements, policies procedures and assurance processes to ensure consistency, accuracy and compliance
- Oversee the generation of metrics associated with governance and quality assurance to ensure adherence to policies and report findings
- Consult with business to write glossary of standardised definitions
- Embedding a strong data management culture within the organization by advocating the Data Governance strategy and proactively challenging colleagues
- Manage a team of data governance analysts responsible for fixing data issues
- Work with other Commercial, Data & Pricing teams to share data and findings
- Help optimise processes, for example, automation of existing manual processes
- Following our Governance and Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
- Continually looking for innovative ways to make improvements based on the latest trends and research
- Networking to stay connected with business trends and changes
- Effectively managing stakeholders and external providers
The Ideal Candidate
Capabilities, Experience and Knowledge:
- Can demonstrate experience in a technical data quality related function
- Experience in designing and implementing a process related to data quality assurance oversight
- Experience of designing, analysing an interpreting metrics to identify weaknesses in processes
- Capable of managing a team
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Good communication and technical presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Pro-active, and focused on business objectives
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Able to work in a flexible and agile environment
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.