When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
We are looking for a Data Tester to join the Business MI unit in Saga Services Ltd Finance.
You will be designing and automating tests for effective testing of user stories and defect resolution. You'll bring knowledge and experience using SQL or PL / SQL.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Designing and planning test plans to facilitate end to end testing from transactional systems to reporting outputs
- Understanding and tracking data through various transformations to ensure consistent and accurate reporting
- Promoting the delivery of new reporting requirements to the business through effective prioritisation and co-ordinated testing
- Taking ownership of issues as required and proactively manage stakeholders
- Defining, gathering and managing the test data, test cases for both changes and defects
- Reducing defect impact through collaboration and communication with stakeholders and business owners
- Designing and automating tests for effective testing of user stories and defect resolution
- Working with the Technical Business Analyst to achieve sign off from variety of stakeholders ensuring all requirements have been met
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience using SQL or PL / SQL
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Experience working with JIRA, Rally or equivalent change tracking software
- Experience of mastering new systems and processes
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles
- Experience in working with large data sets with an eye for patterns, trends and anomalies
- Experiencing creating test plans
- Knowledge of source control systems and implementing change control
- Basic agile and waterfall methodology
- Experience working within a Finance or Reporting team
- Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and design principles
Education and Qualifications:
- Willingness to obtain testing qualification through apprenticeship scheme
- Excellent communication skills. Should be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) capable of getting their points across to both technical and business representatives at all levels of the organisation
- High level critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to detect and resolve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Foster an open and energetic approach within the team
- Dedicated to ensuring knowledge is kept current for business and UAT processes
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.