** Remote/home working allowed **
With a brand new, purpose-built cruise ship launched in July 2019 and another due for delivery in 2020, and market leading, innovative insurance and financial products the Saga Group is an extremely exciting place to be as we move toward the Saga 70th anniversary in 2021.
We are going through a period of transformation to become further digitalised, so the systems, tools, and data we use will play a significant role in the future of our business.
…And right now, we are looking for a Database Analyst to join us. In this role you will work within a small and established Data Science team, supporting the other Database Analysts and Modellers in producing reports, analysis, and MI (Management Information) for Saga.
You will bring strong SQL database architecture (MS Access, VBA, Excel etc.) skills. You will have knowledge and experience using reporting tools (Tableau) and be looking to develop and expand your skill over the next few years.
And in return, you will get to be hands on in advanced team who work with complex and interesting data science methodologies. You will get to support both Analysts and Modellers and go on a journey with the team as we invest in new enterprise class software platforms and cutting-edge databases in the future. In this role you truly will be able to develop your data science skill set!
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you!
- To help the Database Analysts and Modellers in the production of propensity models with a view to refining our mailing selections or adding new prospects to increase profitability
- To create and interpret relevant analyses to inform the company’s business decisions with a particular focus on the effectiveness of our marketing activity and cost-efficiency
- Produce MI summarising analysis findings and report on marketing effectiveness
- Help in implementing a Group customer communication and contact strategy. This will include the continued testing/development of our campaign optimisation implementation, along with other development
- To support in the production and development of our forecasting modelling.
- Support the Database Analysts and Modellers in the monitoring, maintenance, and improvement of standard reporting datasets
- Identification of efficient opportunities to enhance the marketing effort
The Ideal Candidate
- A good understanding of digital and direct marketing, particularly the use of data
- Highly numerate, logical, and analytical
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with enterprise-class marketing, website, analytics, data modelling and reporting tools
- Proficient in SQL
- Good business acumen
- Effective communication skills
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- The ability to work from anywhere with our tech capabilities
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.