Digital App Designer- Magazine
**THIS ROLE CAN BE A MIXTURE OF WORKING FROM HOME AND OUR OFFICES IN LONDON & FOLKESTONE**
This is an exciting new opportunity to work as part of the Saga Magazine Art department. The Digital Designer will work with the Editor, Digital Editor and Art Director on the design, production and delivery of the Saga Magazine app as well as associated marketing materials and email newsletters.
Working with a digital publishing platform, you will be responsible for translating Saga Magazine’s look and feel into a beautifully designed digital version. You will collaborate with the editorial and production departments to ensure Saga’s high editorial standards extend to our digital offering and your design will make the transition from print to digital as seamless as possible.
You will work with existing content from the print magazine as well as incorporating video, commercial tie-ins and additional editorial content.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral new role to our insurance business, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
- To work alongside a digital editor to design and produce a monthly app version of Saga Magazine, while maintaining visual identity from the print magazine
- To come up with creative solutions and innovate ways to extend and expand content into a digital format
- To work with an external digital publishing platform, effectively communicating with them and the project leads within Saga
- To work with the commercial team in extending our offering to clients via the app
- To ensure the work gets delivered on time and in budget
- To gather insight into what design treatments our customers respond to
- To design and produce email newsletters
- To design digital marketing assets for the magazine brand
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working in digital creative role
- Excellent design skills and creativity
- Experience in launching an app
- Experience in magazine publishing
- High levels of expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- A knowledge of online digital publishing platforms and associated CMS
- A great portfolio of design work, including examples of working with brand guidelines
- A demonstrable knowledge of best practices and up-to-date trends in app design
- Understanding of digital advertising and commercial opportunities within the digital space
- Experience of working with external suppliers and contractors
Education and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or similar work-based experience
- Highly motivated with a flexible approach to work, willing to adapt and change as required
- A real team player and collaborator
- The ability to think for yourself and problem solve
- A proactive communicator, with the ability to clearly communicate design concepts
- Highly organised with the ability to work on several project concurrently and prioritise accordingly
- Lively and full of ideas, willing to share and contribute to editorial meetings
- The ability to lead as well as work as part of a team
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- The ability to work from anywhere with our tech capabilities
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc 2019 AGM film below:
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.