Digital Experience & Design Lead
When you join Saga we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
This role is an important leadership role within the Group Marketing team who strive to facilitate, to help and support the Membership function of the business.
Saga Group Digital have some ambitious plans for 2019 and beyond, a key one of which is continuing the growth of the online presence for Saga Possibilities and other group sites. As a result of this we have an exciting opportunity for a UX/UI Lead to help define and build the future of the Saga membership scheme across all digital platforms.
You will work closely with the Membership and Publishing Director and the Head of Digital – Member Experience. You will be responsible for supporting the development of the Membership Experience and the performance of the Group Digital, digital membership and publishing offering. Products include the Saga Group Homepage, MySaga, Possibilities, the Publishing website, and the membership ‘app’ as well as the social media offering.
You will bring excellent digital leadership and delivery experience, ideally in membership, publishing or retail. You will need to be an experienced manager, able to build and manage a team effectively, optimise a large budget to hit targets, and provide vision both to your team and to colleagues across the Saga Group.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
- Being the business owner for the Saga Possibilities website, Possibilities apps, MySaga and other future digital spaces
- Develop product vision, features and requirements. Framing product problems, opportunities and benefits
- Design and UX lead
- Understands the product proposition and it’s competitive and customer environments
- Be the point person owning the digital platform and be the main business contact for decisions, ongoing improvements and measurement
- Build the roadmap for Saga Possibilities website, MySaga, Saga Apple store and any other future platforms
- Define requirements for future plans and be involved in creating scoping documents alongside business analysts and project managers
- Support the delivery of the digital experiences for specific target audience personas by being involved in IT sprints and working with web development, IT and UAT
- Suggest optimisation and testing using personalisation to different customer groups
- Sign off user stories and work completed in the sprints
- Work with the Senior Digital Analyst to use analytical evaluation (Adobe analytics, Session Cam) & conduct competitor analysis or research to support product recommendations & design
- Work with your UX & design teams to leverage excellent customer experiences (UX/UI) in solving experience challenges, developing visual concepts and designs
- Work with project managers and business analyst to support and capture internal stakeholder requirements from across the organisation where required
- Troubleshoot problems using analysis data and liaising with relevant contacts to implement changes
- Report on product success
The Ideal Candidate
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of analytics tools (i.e. Adobe Analytics, GA) and using data to help prioritise your roadmap
- Experience leading digital experience design functions
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate ideas and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Experience of managing multiple projects and stake holders in a fast paced, competitive environment
- Professional, confident, enthusiastic and committed
- Logical, analytical thought process with key attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast paces environment where you may need to change thinking / direction at any given moment
Education and qualifications:
- Good secondary education
- Collaborative, motivated with positive attitude & energy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional, confident, enthusiastic and committed
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.