Digital Project Lead
** Remote/home working allowed **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Digital Project Lead to join us. This is a highly visible hands-on role that will lead projects across all areas of the digital team; from change initiatives, agency onboarding and digital transformation. This will help to secure Saga’s position as a market-leader in over 50s general insurance category.
This is a new role in a new team within our Insurance Marketing department, so this is a fantastic opportunity to have a real impact! You will get to set up new things in an all-round role with a bottom-line view on trading.
You will have experience of digital project work in a change environment and have a great understanding of digital marketing. Although you do not need an insurance/financial services background, you will need to have worked for a regulated company.
And in return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
Please note, this is a fixed term contract position for up to 12 months.
- Provide end-to-end project management across all areas of the Digital Marketing team collaborating with stakeholders across the business, taking the lead and being our Change champion in the Digital team
- Be the main point of call and Project Lead for our Conversion & Optimisation team – leading on scheduling/prioritising and managing the administration of our CRO programme, enabling our CRO team to focus on optimising trading performance
- Scope project requirements and prepare necessary planning and budgetary documentation including but not limited to, onboarding new partners/technology, implementing new tools, and supporting Group wide initiatives
- Develop detailed project plans and monitor progress keeping all key stakeholders and any other relevant parties up to date and aware of any issues/risks/opportunities
- Deliver projects on time ensuring quality standards are met and any relevant procedure and governance has been followed with right documentation
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of leading or working within a digital transformation programme would be highly helpful
- Good working knowledge of general insurance products and practices with experience in personal lines insurance
- Strong analytical skills with a track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
- Excellent personal communication and presentation skills and able to come across as a professional, credible, respected representative of Saga
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working at a detailed level when needed
- Project management skills – able to lead and manage projects across both partners and Saga
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Commercially minded, with a strong ‘results led’ focus.
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 65 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance, the Saga Magazine and our membership programme, Possibilities.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.