Direct Marketing Lead
** Remote/home working allowed with occasional visits to the Folkestone, Kent office so this role will suit candidates in a commutable distance **
At Saga we believe in exceptional experiences everyday whilst being a driver for positive change in our markets and communities. Our values are precision pace, empathy, curiosity, collaboration. If this resonates with you then it’s time to do the best work of your life!
And right now, we are looking for a Direct Marketing Lead to join us. In this role, you will lead in the planning, coordination, and execution of direct mail campaigns to customers on the Saga database. Working across our Defaqto 5 Star rated Car, Home, Health and Travel insurance products you will be responsible for the timely delivery of campaigns that spark customer interest and a real desire to enquire and buy from Saga.
You will also work closely with our Creative Studio team on the creation of the various campaigns, the Data Science team, and Customer Targeting function for the selection of the customers and the analysis of performance and will be instrumental in suggesting changes to enhance future performance and targeting. Lastly you will work with our Printing and Mailing facilities to ensure the timely printing and posting of campaigns and with our Operational teams to ensure a smooth delivery of call volumes.
With the business going through exciting change including a rebrand, our approach with segmentation, innovative approaches to direct marketing and new products, this really is a role that will develop your skill set!
You will bring a marketing background with some offline experience. You will have strong planning and presentational skills.
In return, you can look forward to all the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast-paced career with an excellent benefits package.
Please note, this is a fixed term contract until May 2022.
If this role sounds of interest, apply now!
- Plan, develop and execute all direct marketing campaigns including, but not limited to customer data selection & segmentation, creative & personalisation, delivery timings, promotions, and conversion, to the existing insurance database for our core products (Motor, Home, Travel & PMI) through direct marketing channels (email and direct mail)
- Introduction of test plans that compliment internal and external changes such as brand changes, above the line activity, product launches and seasonal approaches
- Help support the development and then delivery of personalisation via a segmented approach according to previous / current relationships creating campaigns that resonate and ensure that Saga is better considered in the decision to purchase timeframe
- Introduce the exciting new propositions, brand and wider ATL aspects into the direct mail mix helping to demonstrate the strength and appeal of Saga as an Insurance brand
- Lead performance meetings on a weekly basis, collaborating with Data Science, CVM, Product and Operations to ensure accurate tracking of performance to support trading challenges and opportunities
The Ideal Candidate
- Marketing, campaign or regulatory communications experience (customer focused)
- Demonstrable experience in a comms planning and delivery function, primarily focused on direct mail with expertise in developing customer-focused solutions, marketing, and transformational communications
- Strong creative experience and awareness of integrated campaign delivery across multiple touchpoints and channels; with proven ability of successful campaign execution
- Campaign leadership as an individual and with a team and the ability to demonstrate examples of multi-tasking, prioritisation, and solution-orientated approaches
- Experience leading and working collaboratively across teams
- Analytically strong with the ability to lead on performance and support in the production of financial budgets
- Excellent personal communication, presentation, and written skills as well as proven ability to develop well-written documents and eloquently present
- Ability to use insights to drive greater connection with consumers
Our values are:
- Precision Pace - Always owning and making things happen
- Empathy – Always aware of others
- Curiosity – Always asking why
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
Remote working available where possible
The choice to buy a further 5 days annual leave per year
Free private medical insurance after 1 years' service
AXA Be Supported
A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
About the Company
Having spent our first 30 years focused on travel, Saga launched Saga Magazine and developed home and motor insurance and financial services in the 1980s. Private medical and pet insurance followed in the 1990s, along with the launch of our own cruise ship operation. The strength of the Saga brand provides the Group with the ability to develop in-house or partner with suppliers to offer our customers and members highly differentiated, competitively priced products which meet their evolving needs.
Saga exists to help our customers and members lead the life they want to lead. To succeed in this, we know that the most important thing to do is to listen to our customers and members. At the heart of our business model is our drive to know more about our customers’ wants and needs so we are best placed to serve them.
Applying this approach over the past 70 years has enabled us to become the UK's specialist provider of products and services to people aged over 50 in the UK. The Saga brand has become one of the most recognised and trusted brands amongst UK consumers in this demographic and is recognised for its high quality products and exceptional standards of service. These include cruises and holidays, insurance, personal finance and the Saga Magazine.
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities and those over who are over 50 as we are champions of age inclusivity.
We are an official Disability Confident Committed employer and ensure that our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible and we will make reasonable adjustments as required.
We are a member of the 30% Club and partner with Women Ahead which offers us a fantastic opportunity to take part in a leading, global, cross-company, leadership mentoring scheme to champion female talent.
We are a signatory of the Armed Services Covenant and have received a Silver Award from the Employer Recognition Scheme.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.