Director of Operational Planning and Workforce Management
A leader in Motor, Home, Travel and Health Insurance; Saga offers an environment where we will do the best thing for you to develop your skills and develop your career.
This role is an important leadership role within the operations team of Saga Services and offers the successful candidate the opportunity to make a significant impact with a market leader.
You will be working closely with the COO of Saga Services Ltd and other members of the Senior Leadership Team and will be accountable for the delivery of industry-leading workforce management.
You will bring strong and demonstrable experience of delivering successful workforce solutions and resource planning within a contact or call centre environment.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street & online discounts, and concession for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you then keep reading...
- Work with the COO of Saga Services Ltd and MD of CHMC to evolve the organisational design to deliver high quality, efficient and effective customer and employee experiences, as well as industry-leading claims cost
- Develop and implement suitable headcount models that optimise the use of resources whilst demonstrating accurate assumptions with regular tracking to ensure they remain relevant and up to date in the Service Delivery, Customer Support and Claims teams as well as supporting functions such as Customer Relations, QA etc
- Challenge existing practice and technologies to identify new and better ways of working that incorporates greater flexibility for our People and Customers
- Working with the Business Transformation Director to deliver and champion industry-leading processes/technologies to improve operational efficiency and customer outcomes in the contact centres
- Work with the CHMC Senior Management team to ensure headcount models are accurately maintained and potential risk to claims cost control are identified
- Work with key stakeholders in Finance, Marketing and Actuarial to validate quote and policy forecasts as well as claims frequency to create a robust call and claim forecasts
- Working with the Senior stakeholders within Operations, identify opportunities to remove frictional cost
- Lead, monitor and execute a resource planning model that reflects the needs of our customers where the use of Omni channel becomes a key strategic priority
- Create and manage “Multi Skill” teams to introduce flexibility in the contact centres and “back offices” that allows support in the event of unforeseen call arrival curves
- Create robust Disaster Recovery and Surge plans for all areas that include regular reviews and updates
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will be a natural problem solver who challenges the status quo through innovative and entrepreneurial thinking. They will need to be commercially astute and focused on the delivery outcomes.
- A strong leader with great interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and influential
- Ability to analyse complex situations
- Strong understanding of operational / contact centre technologies
- Ability to lead and develop a team with energy and enthusiasm
- A genuine people person with excellent verbal and written communication skills
The standard benefits when you join Saga include:
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
About the Company
When you join Saga you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us. Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.
To all recruitment agencies: Saga does not accept agency CVs unless specifically engaged on the role by the HR Recruitment Team. Please do not forward CVs to our recruiters, employees or any other company location. Saga is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.